“An oasis of calm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Surrey
“An oasis of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

We have just returned from a long weekend at this beautiful place. The accommodation is simply stunning and the service is brilliant. Marrakech is exactly what you expect it to be, busy and bustling. After a trip along narrow, steamy, jostling streets to the souks, we felt hot and claustrophobic. What a relief then to step through the door and into an oasis of calm elegance. There are open spaces, comfort, quiet and coolness. Jill, the owner, is charming and has an extraordinary flair for design. Every time we walked through the door she or her assistant, Damien, would greet us, check everything was OK and offer to arrange anything else we might wish for. If you wish an anonymous existence I'm sure you could have it. But we didn't - its not pushy, its like coming home.
All the recommendations were good. Don't miss Grand Cafe de la Poste, Bo Zin, Cafe Arabe or, for a trip to mountains the Ourika valley and Richard Branson's Kasbah Tamadot.
For a long weekend we have never stayed anywhere better and are already planning a return trip in the winter. The weather may not be so good but on the basis that Jill considered anything much below 30C "cool" I suspect that the promised roaring fires will mean a warm welcome.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

849 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Polish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Being an architect I tend to look at hotels with a critical eye, but found the decor, styling, and service at Riad Noir d'Ivoire to be outstanding in every respect. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Medina on future trips, and strongly recommend anyone to stay here. Internet access was the only issue we faced at the time we stayed in Marrakesh, but it was a common problem in all the Hotels we stayed in. The recommendations from the staff on shopping and entertainment venues were first class. Very personalized service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have always used this website but never stayed anywhere so exceptional that I felt I had to write review on it..... until I stayed here.

I would never stay anywhere else if I were to come back to to the city - in all the chaos, this riad brings luxury, tranquility comfort and exceptional service into a whole new level. The staff were lovely, even more so bearing in mind it was during ramadam, and the owner and manager, Jill and Damien, felt more like friends at the end of it. The personal service and advice whilst travelling in the country was invaluable. It was a home away from home and I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

What a beautiful, enchanting and romantic place! My husband and I were celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary and could not have wished for a more perfect short break. We were made to feel so welcome and were pampered, indulged and cared for from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Jill and Damien were so friendly and helpful, it felt more like being a guest at a house party. We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful Riad in August. Although Marrakech is hot then, the hotel proved the perfect oasis for my family. The service couldn't have been better with Jill and Damien offering great assistance with all aspects of our stay. From our welcome with Cous-Cous, the hotel donkey taking out bags (and my young son) to the hotel down the narrow passageways of the medina to hotel personnel not only giving directions but personally walking me to where I needed to be, I couldn't have asked for more. I brought a range of children, ages 13, 11 and 5 and they all felt welcome and pampered. The rooms are great, the AC welcome after hot afternoons and evenings in the desert and the service friendly and attentive. No request was too much or denied. I only wish we had longer to stay and I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed in the Panther Suite for our honeymoon. All I can say is...Wow!!

We have had the pleasure of staying at a number of really nice properties over the years and this was definitely one of our favourites. We loved the decor and found the service to be excellent. Lots has been written about this place already - it has great reviews and totally deserves it!

We were really happy with the panther suite. The room was huge and the spa on the roof was lots of fun! We also has massages and breakfast up there. We had dinner one night and it was pretty good - Worth it for the experience. We also had a great trip into the Atlas Mountains - loved our guide. Overall the recommendations by the staff to be both helpful, accurate and in line with what we were after.

If you are planning to stay in Marrakesh and are looking at the Riad Noir D'Ivoire...

Book now!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Key Biscayne, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

My husband & I traveled to Marrakesh looking for an interesting & romantic place to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We could not have chosen a better place to stay than at this absolutely beautiful, peaceful, & luxurious riad. The rooms are gorgeously decorated by the owner, Jill, who is an interior designer. We particularly enjoyed our private rooftop patio with its jacuzzi & fantastic views of the city & mountains. The peaceful courtyards are a romantic spot to eat dinner or have a nightcap. The location is perfect, making it easy to wander the city during the day, return for a nap, and then head out again to enjoy the town again by night. Perhaps the most outstanding feature of this riad, however, is the amazing service. Jill and the manager, Damien, were always available & had wonderful suggestions for restaurants, sights, shopping, & tours outside the city. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was a perfect start to the day. The riad's hammam was a treat absolutely not to be missed. We have stayed at many beautiful hotels, but this was absolutely outstanding, & we can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!