This establishment is as close to flawless as we have experienced. With all the amazing riads in Marrakech we'd love to try, there is no doubt we would book the Noir D'Ivoire immediately if/when we return to Marrakech.
My wife and I visited for 5 nights during Christmas 2008 (only sign of Christmas in Marrakech was a lone tree in one of the seating areas, but this was fine by us!). We easily could have stayed another week and not gotten bored. The combination of walking, shopping, getting lost, dodging motorcycles, and recovering happily back at Noir D'Ivoire was something we could have repeated for a long time...
We stayed in the Suite Geupard - a suite for which we had no pictures to go by (not a risk I'm generally used to taking, but the other suite pictures plus room description from Damien/Jill were enough to put my mind at ease). We could not have imagined a more perfect room, and we loved that it was tucked back at the far end of the pool, somewhat removed from much of the rest of the Riad. The room had a cool layout, amazing decor, and of course the rooftop jacuzzi could simply not have been more amazing. Let me tell you, lounging in a jacuzzi while sipping champagne and listening to a nearby call to prayer is just very surreal (in a good way).
The only VERY minor problem we had there was not plentiful hot water. I believe being there "off season" (I mean, if you consider 55-60F and bright sun all day off season, which we in Boston do not) made it harder for the jacuzzi to warm up on the roof (didn't get direct sun due to a canopy). And sometimes water would not get warm enough to take a long shower. But please do NOT let something like this discourage you.
The staff, led by the manager Damien (Jill was not really around during the Christmas holiday) is simply fantastic. Damien is a real treasure as he knows tons about the city, where to visit/shop/eat, etc, and is extremely friendly and accommodating. The staff would bring us food/drink anytime we asked and happily run back and forth from kitchen to room for the smallest of items. They lit fires for us each day/night (particularly fun that time of year in Marrakech as evenings got cool). We must have had gallons of mint tea, and they never tired of serving it. We found the food at the Riad to be as good or better than many places we experienced eating elsewhere.
I could go on forever about the hotel decor, Marrakech, etc, but I'll sum it up by saying it's all very special and very memorable. Noir D'Ivoire is a perfect place to explore this part of the world while still experiencing luxury. Do not miss it if you get the opportunity!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. Meet and greet service with our donkey Couscous and our four loving cats! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech