“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Marrakech is a 'romantic' destination in the true sense of the word, it is a contradictory mix of old and new, and of both chaos and calm. After any amount of time walking the streets and the souks there is a need to step away from too many people and into somewhere with the space and quiet to recover.

This Riad is a comfortable walk to the North East away from the main square and souk, and is down what can only be described as a ‘winding back alley’. You have a real sense of living within the city amongst the local community.

This Riad is both luxurious and beautiful, but more importantly the service is impeccable, it feels as if you have the entire house to yourself, with maybe some other houseguests around somewhere. The staff are friendly and discreetly available at all times, nothing is any effort. The highest compliment I can pay this hotel is that after only a few hours it truly felt like a home from home, I had to remind myself to lock the door to the room and not simply to walk about as if at home.

I would recommend this Riad to anyone seeking a romantic destination to get away from everything and to languish in the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Don’t bring the kids and be prepared to walk a reasonable distance (cabs don’t really work well here).

Room Tip: All of the rooms are reached by stairs in the corners of the courtyard, so be prepared for some exer...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Alta Floresta, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at Riad Noir d'Ivoire for a week. Really loved it. The room was amazing, very comfortable and welcoming. Loved the pool and the decoration too. The staff and the managers Andréa & Didier were very nice and helped us in every single request, which made our stay excellent.
I also really liked walking to get to the Riad. I enjoyed seeing the real Marrakesh on the streets as you reach your hotel. I felt really good and safe.
Many thanks for a wonderful stay to all the people who made it possible. Hope to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but if you can, choose the Suite Chameau.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
NoirdIvoire, Manager at Riad Noir d'Ivoire, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Alex,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our place and in Marrakech. It was a real pleasure to take care of you and your mother.
Hope to welcome you back !

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and the wife had an amazing time. Perfect from one day to the last. And the icing on the cake..... NO AIDS.
I couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you so much for such a great stay. Will be back next year without a doubt.
Just to repeat. No AIDS here! Book now!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GloriousGoat,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and considered it as perfect ! We are honored !

Looking forward to welcome you back !

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hidden away up quiet alleys in the northern part of the Old Town, this hotel is like finding an oasis in a desert. No neon sign outside, not even a name on the door, but when it opens after ringing the bell, you find yourself in a surreal version of Heaven. Stunning traditional interior, beautifully furnished and nice but simple food on demand. The most important element here however, are the people. Nothing is too much trouble and everything always happens with a smile.
If you want a big brash hotel with busy bars and restaurants and a giant pool,don't come here. This is for people who appreciate style, chic and individuality.
Be aware that this Riad is difficult to find and getting to it, involves an alarming approach up a zig-zag of alleyways, although they appear to be risk free. Hey, if you want to be different from the crowd, then this is worth it. An experience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Agnes, Dear David ,
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. As you said, the access to our place can be a little uncanny. That's why we always escort our guests the first time to get familiar with the aera and that's why we provide a mobile phone to be always in touch to assist.
Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay and considering our place as Heaven !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Riad Noire d'Ivoire is a very special place. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel exceptionally welcome with a cup of mint tea and lots of advice and information about things to do in Marrakech and how to get around. The hotel gives you a mobile phone in case you get lost but this is also useful for booking local restaurants and taxis.

The hotel has a beautiful heated pool and terrace which is a welcome retreat from the madness of the city centre. The environment is five star at a very reasonable price.

We stayed in the most basic room which was small but beautifully furnished. We were then upgraded to le chameau for our last night because it was my partner's birthday. It was stunning!

We didn't eat in this riad so can't comment on the food (apart from breakfast which was lovely) but we did stay in other, similarly priced accommodation in Morocco, and this was by far the best. We would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Aisling, Dear James,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that we could contribute a little to your birthday celebration. It was a real pleasure to do it !

We are looking forward to welcome you back and to have the chance to keep you for dinner or for lunch !

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I, like James was a part of Celia's birthday group to this riad. Never in my life have I been so amazed and awed at the splendor of a place. Our four days were dreamlike and almost unreal. Best of all is the staff. You treated us like kings and queens. Thank you for the wonder.

Love from your Aicha and Kim

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
NoirdIvoire, Manager at Riad Noir d'Ivoire, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Candace, dear Kim,
Thankl you very much for your review. We are happy that we could made your stay like a dream !
It was a real pleasure to celebrate Celia's birthday with all of you. It was a privilege to be chosen for this memorable event !

Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend Celia asked me to join her in Marrakech in October. Marrakech! I knew about Morocco but if Celia says let’s go, go it is.
I told some friends of my travel plans staying at the Noir D’ivoire‎‎, They googled the hotel on TripAdvisor and said Brenda you are staying in the number one hotel!

I landed in Marrakech and was greeted by Mohammad (thank God the hotel arranged for me to be collected as I would have been thoroughly confused taking a regular taxi as one is dropped off to embark a 5 minute walk to the entrance) who whisked me away to my home for the next four nights. I previously looked online and saw a gorgeous hotel but to arrive at the venue was breathtaking. The greeting by management and staff at this sleek cozy venue was absolutely first class, each of them was always happy to assist and with warm demeanour . I was welcomed to my tastefully decorated Tourterelles Room by a wonderful aroma and appreciated having the complimentary apricots and nuts to munch on.

The food melted in my mouth and I am finally back home battling the bulge. Another nice touch at the hotel was the cell phone provided with telephone numbers to call if one was away from the hotel in need of assistance or needed to make contact with another group member. My first trip to Marrakech will not be forgotten and the management and staff of the Noir D’ivoire ensured it was memorable.

I highly recommend anyone wanting a stay in Marrakech to be pampered at Noir D’ivoire by the management and staff.

Brenda

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brenda,
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are even happier to be your home for your first trip to Marrakech. Your room Tourterelles (doves) is a quite popular romantic room and we are glad you liked it.
Thank you very much for your recommendations !

Andréa & Didier

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!