“If I could give it 6 out of 5 I would” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Noir d'Ivoire
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Calgary, Canada
“If I could give it 6 out of 5 I would”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and my stay was an absolute dream. The staff was caring and attentive and the property was beautiful and elegant. I am not going to name any staff by name, because I just don’t want to leave anybody out. Everyone was polite and caring and we both truly felt at home staying there. Worth every euro and more. There is no doubt we will be returning to Riad Noir D’Ivoire.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Renard des Sables Junior Suite and the Panthere Master Suite, both were outstanding...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I returned two years after my first visit to Noir d'Ivoire to celebrate my 50th birthday party with friends and family, so taken had I been with it the first time I visited. I booked the 6 rooms which make up one of the two wings of the Riad and we had the exclusive use of the roof top for breakfast and evening drinks and the courtyard below for our fabulous celebratory dinner complete with local musicians and belly dancers. Asaf and Hassan were extremely attentive and nothing was too much trouble. My plans and instructions for the weekend, were complied with right down to the last detail: the horse and carriage rides were ready and waiting, our tour guide was extraordinary and the atmosphere they created for our special celebration was sublime. The staff were so very friendly and accomodating and they even danced with us to the music..... No detail was spared, fresh flowers in my room, rose petals and candles in the bathroom, on the dinner table....It was indeed the truly magical place I had imagined it would be, to spend some very special moments. Everyone who accompanied us had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: All the rooms labelled as suites are fabulous. Of the two which are double rooms, Gazelle is the roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a magical getaway that was specially planned by my husband for our 20th anniversary. Highlights for our stay at the Riad Noir d"ivore are the warm hospitality from Hassan and Afaf; the romantic dinner on the terrace; and the dip into the jacuzzi early morning. The elegant décor, attentive yet discrete staff, and playful cats all added to the luxurious and welcome feel of our private residence in Marrakech Medina! We hope to be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you want to live a in a fairytail, the Riad Noire D'Ivoire is the best place to be. Excellent service. Very pleasant and kind staff always there for your well-being. Hassan, the guest relation manager, makes everything possible: Reservations for superb dinners in roof-terrace restaurants, tour-guides, expeditions to the High Atlas Mountains or tips for outstanding shopping experieces. Mama pampers you with flavourful tajines and delicious bastillas. Mme Coco introduces you into Marrocan Hamam rituals. You can have breakfast 24/7 and may choose between "poolside" or "rooftop". Probably the only riad having a transport mule named Cous-Cous in the Medina!
The rooms are huge, furnished elegantly and very tastefully. Silver sinks, separate bathrooms, huge chandeliers tone on tone. In short: a perfect place to be. I would at any moment travel to Marrakesh again and at any rate choose Noir D'Ivoire again. After one week I felt like a family member and was sorry flying home again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reigate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked the Riad as a weekend away birthday present for my husband. The Riad from start to finish was just amazing from the beautiful zebre suite the staff and the lovely breakfasts of fresh fruit and freshly baked pastries on our private terrace! We ate in the little alcove round the pool on the first night which was very romantic, with rose petals scattered on the table and delicious food. Hassan also kindly invited us to watch the belly dancers that had been privately hired by another group staying at the Riad (who had also kindly agreed to us watching) which was a lovely experience topped of by arriving back at the room to rose petals and candles. Nothing was too much hassle from restaurant bookings to shop recommendations and the staff were all very kind and friendly. We would love to return to Marrakech one day and would definitely go back to Riad noir d'Ivoire.

• Stayed June 2014
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We do not need to add much more to the amazing reviews shared thus far, simply fantastic. We needed to unwind after a manic 6 month home refurb and the stay exceeded our expectations. Nicely chilled, unassuming, breakfast at a time you want - perfect!
Great location - easy walk through the medina and the new town.
Tip: If rooms appear full on a travel site, worth contacting the hotel direct.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper ask for an internal facing room as there can be street noise. Also avoid the loca...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Riad Noire d'Ivoire and it was beyond amazing on so many levels and definitely the best place we have ever stayed. The riad itself is stunning and so beautifully designed with lovely touches everywhere you look. It's super peaceful, calm and amazingly relaxing. This itself may well be enough but on top of these exotic luxury surroundings comes the most fantastic utterly effortless service I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Nothing is too much trouble for the lovely, friendly and kind staff who are always on hand should you need anything but never intrusive. We literally spent the whole holiday marvelling at how wonderful everyone in the riad was. We ate out a couple of nights at other luxurious riads in the Medina and although they were also lovely in their own way, nothing was as good as the Riad Noire d'Ivoire and we always felt relieved to come through the door back "home". We were also upgraded to a suite which was such a treat, the room was beautiful as expected and just added to the wonderful experience. If you are thinking of going to Marrakech, believe the hype and book Riad Noire d'Ivoire, you won't be disappointed! We would like to say a huge thank you to Hassan and his amazing team for creating the perfect holiday for us, we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Marrakech now, so really look forward to seeing you all soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely (I saw 3 price bands, ranging from cheapest to most expensive) but if you c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!