“Beautiful Riad and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Sacramento, California
“Beautiful Riad and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

In October I took a week break from my work and decided to go to Marrakech on my own. To date it was one of the best vacations I have ever had. The riad was a complete oasis, quitely tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the old city. The accomadation was beautiful. The food was absolutely delicious, and I found the staff to be attentive and very friendly. I could venture out into the craziness of the old town, or the Atlas mountains, and come back to the relaxing and beautiful riad. Perfect trip!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights earlier this month at Riad Noir d'Ivoire at the very end of a 9 day honeymoon through Morocco. We're glad to chose to end our honeymoon at Riad Noir d'Ivoire because it would have been hard to stay anywhere else after our fantastic, magical experience there. A few highlights:

BOOKING: We contacted the Riad through the website and were able to quickly and easily confirm our booking with Rebeca, who was courteous and prompt in her communications. (Other reviewers who had negative experiences must have had email problems on their end.)

SERVICE: The Riad staff took great pains to make us feel at home, from ensuring they were present to greet us upon arrival in the nearby city square, to walking us through the windy street at night, to serving us champagne upon arrival, to leaving flowers on our floor to make us feel like honeymooners, to always being available when we had a question or need. In short, I've never felt more at home anywhere I've stayed and I've traveled significantly.

ACCOMMODATIONS: The Riad is stunning and full of beautiful nooks and crannies begging to be explored and enjoyed. Each room is a masterpiece, decorated with loving care and a careful eye. The recent expansion and addition of a clear covering over the Winter Courtyard has taken the Riad to a whole other level. (Other reviewers who called the Riad "corporate" or "tired" or "lacking in charm" clearly have some sort of personal axe to grind --- the Riad is sumptious and captivating). The heated outdoor pool flanked by a wall of waterfalls in the Summer Courtyard will make you feel like you've been transported to your own personal hideaway.

FOOD: Although there's several terrific restaurants nearby, my wife and I ended up eating several meals at the Riad because of the quality of the food, the warmth of the staff, and the desire to soak up more of the peace and beauty of our surroundings. Every meal was delicious and reflected the best of Moroccan cuisine.

SPA: My wife and I availed ourselves of the on-site hammon (bath) and massage and were extremely pleased. The facilities were spotless and the staff absolutely terrific.

LOCATION: The Riad is located off a winding side alley, almost like a Moroccan speakeasy. My wife and I felt safe during our entire stay and the staff was always available to guide us to/from the Riad when we felt a little extra company was desired. Everything that one would want to see in Old Marrakech was within walking distance from the Riad.

In short, I give Riad Noir d'Invoire my highest recommendation. My wife and I had considered staying at La Momounia and were glad we didn't. We'll be back and look forward to enjoying more of the calm, charm, and considerate service that made our first stay at this retreat magical.

Room Tip: Try the Guerpard Room. It has its own internal staircase that leads to a rooftop oasis.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Great holidays in this place that i'll keep in mind . I loved almost everything but the most unique things were the meals . I highly recommend it for people's looking for romantic feelings and calm it's by the way realy magic, can't wait to go back as soon as i'll habe the oportunity .
Prices are a bit high but it's nothing to the benefits you'll get from there and again you'll fall in love with the meals it's a mindfreak and delicious stuff .

• Stayed October 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there with my boyfriend for 3 days which was an amazing experience. It was so romantic and peaceful, like a little paradise apart from the rest of the world. Everything for breakfast was freshly made with so many different choices. We were served like a queen and a king. It was a small hotel but they offered so many different common areas we can hang around or have our meals. Definitely will go back soon to chill out!

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the Riad with my mother, for three nights, in October. The booking process was simple and I genuinely felt that Rebecca and Afaf were looking forward to meeting us. We were picked up from the airport by our courteous driver Mohammad and then met by Cous Cous the donkey and Hannah nearer the Riad. Afaf greeted us so warmly, it felt like we were staying with family. The riad is beautiful and our room, gazelle, although the lowest in price, was well appointed and comfortable.

Afaf helped us plan a wonderful stay... From highlighting the top sight-seeing and food spots in Marrakech, organising our excellent day trip to The Atlas Mountains, to constantly reassuring us that if we got lost in the souks, the hotel staff would come and find us. Having a hotel mobile gave us piece of mind throughout our stay.

The Hammam is a distinctive and essential experience and we both enjoyed our massages with Madam Coco. The riad really is a wonderful place to rest after a day out and we were always greeted with such warmth and affection on our returns and fabulous cups of tea.

Food is freshly prepared and we enjoyed our one meal in the Riad and silver service breakfast by the pool was a daily treat.

Thank you very much to Afaf and her team. My mother and I had a great time and I would not hesitate to recommend the Riad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is such a fantastic place.. reminded me of Babington House in terms of service and overall experience (although is such a different cultural setting!). The service is impeccable and the atmosphere wonderful.

We booked the Panther suite and were not disappointed. It was spacious and sumptuous. We had breakfast each morning on our roof terrace and felt very spoilt. The food was wonderful- great quality and variety (each morning we had different baked goods with breakfast).

The service is unobtrusive but highly attentive. The decor is beautiful and overall the experience makes sure you do not want to leave. Marrakesh is a wonderful city but the pace and buzz is a little mad- the Riad Noir is a real oasis of calm and indulgence.

We also used the Hamman which was lovely- followed by a great massage.

One small negative, we asked them to book us a trip to trip to the Ourika valley. It was very expensive (my fault I did not ask first) and while the car and driver was nice, we had to pay a guide and pay for lunch additionally. We could have saved more than €100 if we had organised it ourselves.

I would visit the Riad Noir d'Ivoire again in a heart beat. A very special place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here for our 10th Wedding anniversary, ( arrived home yesterday). We can not shout loudly enough about this Riad... The staff, food, decor.... It was all totally amazing. We stayed in Zebre suite... The roof terrace & hot tub were so romantic, we loved our supper served on the first evening right there on our private terrace... Beautiful discreet service, gorgeous food & the Moroccan wine was a huge surprise! Delicious !

Recommendations from Sophie Grigson were spot on, it was lovely to have some insider knowledge.

We would say the whole weekend was on par with our honeymoon, which was 2 x weeks in the beautiful Maldives 5* ... But this Riad was a very very close 2nd.

Thank you so so so much everyone at Riad D'ivoire .... Afaf you are certainly worth your weight in gold!

See you soon
Emily & Fraser

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!