“Everything was perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Everything was perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We visited the Riad Noir d'Ivoire for our honeymoon and stayed for three nights. Every single element was perfect; the room, the rooftop jacuzzi, the amazing service, the unbelievably helpful staff, the location, the food and Mojitos. I would advise everyone to go here when visiting Marrakech. Thanks to - Rebeca, for making us feel so welcome, Afaf, for helping out with every part of our stay, And the rest of the team for going out of their way to make our honeymoon so special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I can't say enough about this lovely riad. Although it was a splurge, I chose Noir d"Ivoire because it was number 1 on TripAdvisor and it certainly lived up to that rating!

As a first-time, solo female traveler in Marrakesh, I was a little nervous, but Rebeca allayed my worries by email even before I arrived. Once there, Rebeca and her staff were absolutely wonderful, not only professional but also caring. They helped me plan an itinerary for my three day stay, arranged a guide and transportation, and loaned me a cell phone programmed with staff numbers, which came in handy.

The hotel is visually stunning, with pools and waterfalls, comfy lounges and shaded nooks, and rooms fitted out for desert royalty. The food, especially the substantial breakfast and dinner the first night, were also delicious. Be sure to visit the spa for a traditional scrub-down, and a massage.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Charmeau suite, which was very spacious. If you're looking for a less expensive...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After an ill advised booking at a different Riad fell through at the last minute, Rebeca (the Manager of Riad Noir d'Ivoire) came to the rescue! With plans to propose to my girlfriend I was looking for somewhere special to stay and Riad Noir d'Ivoire did not disappoint - a fantastic Riad offering a truly romantic and relaxing experience. I could not fault the staff, or the Riad in any way. All the staff worked incredibly hard to make our stay truly amazing and were always on hand to respond to any request. From our arrival at the airport to our departure 4 days later Rebeca and the Noir d'Ivoire staff were simply unbelievably welcoming and friendly.

The team are able to recommend and organise restaurants, trips or activities and tailor these to suit your needs. Breakfast can be served at any time and allowing you to dine anywhere within the Riad, whether it be around the pool, on the roof terrace or within the courtyard area was a really nice personal touch.

I highly recommend this Riad to anyone. I found it very easy to book direct rather than through an agent, with the team responding to emails immediately and also available on the end of the phone.

Many thanks to Rebeca and her team!

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard double room (Gazelle) rather than a suite and it was still amazing!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Marrakech can be a very busy and overwhelming place, so having the quiet and beautiful calm of this Riad to retreat to is just what you need. Rebeca is the dominating presence and she acts as the perfect concierge, tour guide and service manager, anticipating your every need and giving you great advice about the city and its attractions. Our beautiful room (Zebre) was always clean and tidy, and the roof terrace with hot tub was a magical extra, especially for the last morning breakfast when the waitress walked at least four times up and down the 50+ steps without complaint. Special mention must also be made of the delightful Afaf, and our careful driver Khaled who took us on a memorable trip into the High Atlas Mountains which included a delicious authentic Berber tagine lunch. Overall a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Having a roof terrace as part of your suite is a wonderful bonus.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I just had a wonderful 3 day stay. Everything is top notch. Rebeca manages the riad with such care and dedication - she and her assistant Afaf are always available to help with booking restaurants, tour guides, taxis, etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning was great. The rooms are impeccable. Bouillotte, the little black cat, warmly greets all the guests...I was tempted to stick her in my luggage upon departure. Definitely the best place to stay in Marrakech - the personal touch makes it a much better choice than Marmounia. Thanks Rebeca!

- Oliver and Lauren from NYC.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was almost 7 months to the day when we went back for our second visit. Perfect as before; it only gets better with the new spa services. This was a four day visit on this trip in September and I must congratulate Rebeca and her assistant, Afaf for making our stay another memorable event.
On day 3 my wife came down with a serious chest & throat infection (after spending 2 days in damp London). Rebeca arranged for a top-flight doctor and an immediate house call. You can't ask for better service than that.
On this trip we stayed in for two evening meals at the Riad, something that I would highly recommend. Very romantic with candles around the reflecting pool.

We hope to be back in April next year!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have just revisited this Riad in Marrakech; we were there in March of this year for my birthday. This stay was wonderful and even better in some ways because we got to know the staff and spent more time just relaxing, (since we did the touristy things last time). During our four day stay we enjoyed the heated pool, the luxurious and commodious room and the elegant and exotic atmosphere. The breakfasts were wonderful, I highly recommend the pain perdu (French toast), it is the best I have ever had. The yoghurt and omelettes are also delicious.
The wine list and cocktails are also very good.
I would be remiss if I did not specifically mention the staff by name and say Bravo! Thank you all for your kindness and for going the extra mile to please the guest. Firstly to Rebeca, the Manageress who exemplifies hospitality par excellence and inspires her staff to treat guests with courtesy and gentility...and to Nourredine, Shaman, Hannane, Mustapha, Aziza, Meriem, Latifa Mama, Leila, Badr, Abdou, Abdelmoula. I do not want to forget to mention Mohamed, the noble Berber chauffeur, Couscous, the lovely donkey who takes the luggage to the Riad in his cart and Bouillotte, the naughty and lovable resident cat.
I have already marked my calendar to return in 6 months time, I would go more often if distance were not an issue.

Room Tip: We love CHAMEAU (camel), with lovely balcony, huge bathroom, with great shower and tub and the camel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!