“Beautiful riad with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
“Beautiful riad with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Marrakech can be a very busy and overwhelming place, so having the quiet and beautiful calm of this Riad to retreat to is just what you need. Rebeca is the dominating presence and she acts as the perfect concierge, tour guide and service manager, anticipating your every need and giving you great advice about the city and its attractions. Our beautiful room (Zebre) was always clean and tidy, and the roof terrace with hot tub was a magical extra, especially for the last morning breakfast when the waitress walked at least four times up and down the 50+ steps without complaint. Special mention must also be made of the delightful Afaf, and our careful driver Khaled who took us on a memorable trip into the High Atlas Mountains which included a delicious authentic Berber tagine lunch. Overall a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Having a roof terrace as part of your suite is a wonderful bonus.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I just had a wonderful 3 day stay. Everything is top notch. Rebeca manages the riad with such care and dedication - she and her assistant Afaf are always available to help with booking restaurants, tour guides, taxis, etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning was great. The rooms are impeccable. Bouillotte, the little black cat, warmly greets all the guests...I was tempted to stick her in my luggage upon departure. Definitely the best place to stay in Marrakech - the personal touch makes it a much better choice than Marmounia. Thanks Rebeca!

- Oliver and Lauren from NYC.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was almost 7 months to the day when we went back for our second visit. Perfect as before; it only gets better with the new spa services. This was a four day visit on this trip in September and I must congratulate Rebeca and her assistant, Afaf for making our stay another memorable event.
On day 3 my wife came down with a serious chest & throat infection (after spending 2 days in damp London). Rebeca arranged for a top-flight doctor and an immediate house call. You can't ask for better service than that.
On this trip we stayed in for two evening meals at the Riad, something that I would highly recommend. Very romantic with candles around the reflecting pool.

We hope to be back in April next year!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have just revisited this Riad in Marrakech; we were there in March of this year for my birthday. This stay was wonderful and even better in some ways because we got to know the staff and spent more time just relaxing, (since we did the touristy things last time). During our four day stay we enjoyed the heated pool, the luxurious and commodious room and the elegant and exotic atmosphere. The breakfasts were wonderful, I highly recommend the pain perdu (French toast), it is the best I have ever had. The yoghurt and omelettes are also delicious.
The wine list and cocktails are also very good.
I would be remiss if I did not specifically mention the staff by name and say Bravo! Thank you all for your kindness and for going the extra mile to please the guest. Firstly to Rebeca, the Manageress who exemplifies hospitality par excellence and inspires her staff to treat guests with courtesy and gentility...and to Nourredine, Shaman, Hannane, Mustapha, Aziza, Meriem, Latifa Mama, Leila, Badr, Abdou, Abdelmoula. I do not want to forget to mention Mohamed, the noble Berber chauffeur, Couscous, the lovely donkey who takes the luggage to the Riad in his cart and Bouillotte, the naughty and lovable resident cat.
I have already marked my calendar to return in 6 months time, I would go more often if distance were not an issue.

Room Tip: We love CHAMEAU (camel), with lovely balcony, huge bathroom, with great shower and tub and the camel...
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire at the beginning of September and it was simply wonderful. Rebecca is a gem and her staff is super helpful, almost knowing what you need before you know it yourself. The Hotel is really beautiful and felt like home to me. We chose one of the smaller rooms, but still felt very comfortable there. The food is delicious. A day in the spa getting a traditional Hamam treatment a must. All in all a perfect stay - I recommend for anyone who is thinking about a vacation in Marrakesh to choose this Riad!

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire and from the moment we stepped over the threshold and were greeted by Rebeca and her lovely assistant, Afaf, we knew we had chosen the right place. I don't think we have ever received such a genuinely warm and friendly welcome in any of the numerous hotels we have stayed in around the world. The riad itself is beautifully decorated; the furnishings, textiles, lighting, tile work and decorative objets have been chosen with great care and skill by the designer resulting in a visually stunning interior with a wonderfully serene atmosphere. Take time to admire the Tadelakt finish on the walls - this traditional Moroccan plasterwork is really beautiful. Rebeca and her staff are incredibly helpful - always smiling, they seem like one big, happy family who care tremendously about their guests. Mama cooked us a delicious dinner on our first night and produced a gorgeous vegetarian feast for me while Laila, who cooked our superb breakfasts to order every morning, took the time to give me a demonstration in the kitchen on how to make her fabulous flaky Moroccan pancakes when I said how much I enjoyed them. Thanks to all the staff for our brief but lovely stay and hey, Rebeca, if you are ever in Dublin, we'd love to see you!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the only place to stay in Marrakech. The service you recieve from Rebecca and her team is on a par with someof the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From the porters to Mama in the kitchen they are wonderful so helpfuland polite nothing is to much trouble. I would be amazed if some of the big hotels have not tried to poach Rebecca and her staff. The atmosphere in the Riad is wonderful we sat by the pool at night for drinks and also to have breakfast it was magical.
Rebecca organised a car with our own driver to take the four of us to the Atlas mountains what a fantastic day we had lunch with a Berber family in their own home what a privlige our driver was excellent but I would expect nothing less knowing Rebbecca booked it for us. Three of us had the hammam and a massage if you were not relaxed before belive me you are so laid back after you will fall over.
As has been said in all the reviews the little touches make the holiday the mobile phone you are given in case you get lost and the wonderful map and time that Rebbeca took on our first moring to help us get around the Medina, but if you do nothing else have a meal at night cooked by Mamma it was supberb i could go on for ever but when you have had a perfect time you want everyone to know about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!