“Another wonderful Riad Noir d'Ivoire holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Another wonderful Riad Noir d'Ivoire holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have just revisited this Riad in Marrakech; we were there in March of this year for my birthday. This stay was wonderful and even better in some ways because we got to know the staff and spent more time just relaxing, (since we did the touristy things last time). During our four day stay we enjoyed the heated pool, the luxurious and commodious room and the elegant and exotic atmosphere. The breakfasts were wonderful, I highly recommend the pain perdu (French toast), it is the best I have ever had. The yoghurt and omelettes are also delicious.
The wine list and cocktails are also very good.
I would be remiss if I did not specifically mention the staff by name and say Bravo! Thank you all for your kindness and for going the extra mile to please the guest. Firstly to Rebeca, the Manageress who exemplifies hospitality par excellence and inspires her staff to treat guests with courtesy and gentility...and to Nourredine, Shaman, Hannane, Mustapha, Aziza, Meriem, Latifa Mama, Leila, Badr, Abdou, Abdelmoula. I do not want to forget to mention Mohamed, the noble Berber chauffeur, Couscous, the lovely donkey who takes the luggage to the Riad in his cart and Bouillotte, the naughty and lovable resident cat.
I have already marked my calendar to return in 6 months time, I would go more often if distance were not an issue.

Room Tip: We love CHAMEAU (camel), with lovely balcony, huge bathroom, with great shower and tub and the camel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire at the beginning of September and it was simply wonderful. Rebecca is a gem and her staff is super helpful, almost knowing what you need before you know it yourself. The Hotel is really beautiful and felt like home to me. We chose one of the smaller rooms, but still felt very comfortable there. The food is delicious. A day in the spa getting a traditional Hamam treatment a must. All in all a perfect stay - I recommend for anyone who is thinking about a vacation in Marrakesh to choose this Riad!

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire and from the moment we stepped over the threshold and were greeted by Rebeca and her lovely assistant, Afaf, we knew we had chosen the right place. I don't think we have ever received such a genuinely warm and friendly welcome in any of the numerous hotels we have stayed in around the world. The riad itself is beautifully decorated; the furnishings, textiles, lighting, tile work and decorative objets have been chosen with great care and skill by the designer resulting in a visually stunning interior with a wonderfully serene atmosphere. Take time to admire the Tadelakt finish on the walls - this traditional Moroccan plasterwork is really beautiful. Rebeca and her staff are incredibly helpful - always smiling, they seem like one big, happy family who care tremendously about their guests. Mama cooked us a delicious dinner on our first night and produced a gorgeous vegetarian feast for me while Laila, who cooked our superb breakfasts to order every morning, took the time to give me a demonstration in the kitchen on how to make her fabulous flaky Moroccan pancakes when I said how much I enjoyed them. Thanks to all the staff for our brief but lovely stay and hey, Rebeca, if you are ever in Dublin, we'd love to see you!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the only place to stay in Marrakech. The service you recieve from Rebecca and her team is on a par with someof the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From the porters to Mama in the kitchen they are wonderful so helpfuland polite nothing is to much trouble. I would be amazed if some of the big hotels have not tried to poach Rebecca and her staff. The atmosphere in the Riad is wonderful we sat by the pool at night for drinks and also to have breakfast it was magical.
Rebecca organised a car with our own driver to take the four of us to the Atlas mountains what a fantastic day we had lunch with a Berber family in their own home what a privlige our driver was excellent but I would expect nothing less knowing Rebbecca booked it for us. Three of us had the hammam and a massage if you were not relaxed before belive me you are so laid back after you will fall over.
As has been said in all the reviews the little touches make the holiday the mobile phone you are given in case you get lost and the wonderful map and time that Rebbeca took on our first moring to help us get around the Medina, but if you do nothing else have a meal at night cooked by Mamma it was supberb i could go on for ever but when you have had a perfect time you want everyone to know about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Honestly, what more can I say that hasn't already been said below? Stop reading reviews now and just book your stay here! I am fortunate to have stayed in a lot of nice hotels, and this riad itself is absolutely beautiful. I stayed in the Panther room, which was comfortable, gorgeous and immaculate. The grounds were beautiful, and the pool area very relaxing.

But to me, what makes this place above and beyond what I've experienced in the past is the exceptional staff. I could not have asked for more. Even before arriving in Marrakech Rebeca worked with me via email to sort our options for day trips, dinners, and spa treatments. When I finally did arrive I was welcomed with a warm hug and lots of care. She had known my concerns as a solo traveler and went out of her way to make me feel comfortable. The entire staff was phenomenal, from breakfast to dinner I never had to ask for anything. They were always on top of everyone's needs. I had most of my meals at the riad and they were also delicious and original. I would recommend staying for dinner at least once during your stay. At the end of the trip it's not that I didn't want to leave Morocco, I didn't want to leave this wonderful riad and staff. It was a welcome haven of peace in an otherwise chaotic city. I would recommend to everyone and will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the suites with the private rooftop terrace and hot tubs!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay with great attention to detail. The mobile to ring when you get lost is a great idea as you will get lost! The hammam is a must for every guest. Rebecca, Afaf and all the staff treat you like very special friends come to stay and are what makes this such a great experience. We had the good fortune to meet the owner who rectified what might have been a calamity (when there was an electrical fire) into the most entertaining evening with fantastic hospitality. If you are planning a trip to Marrakech then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
international
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I have been to over 40 countries...we look for places to stay that will give us a chance to experience the true culture, and we don't mind splurging for something that is truly special. When you choose a Riad over a hotel chain, you should expect to feel the true Moroccan hospitality, food and ambience. Riad Noir d'Ivoire absolutely delivers, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else if we ever return to Marrakech. The hotel is tucked away from the medina among a labyrinth of little alleyways, but the map that the general manager, Rebecca and her team provide you with will make you an expert at finding your way around. Mama's meals are fantastic, and Afaf, Moustafa and all the other staff will make you feel like one of the family. When you arrive, definitely opt for Couscous the donkey to bring your luggage. It may sound kitschy, but it is a real treat. The Riad itself is gorgeous, with nooks and crannies, two pools, a bar, a hamam and a library...but the real gem is Rebecca, whose passion for making everyone have a trip of a lifetime is a real rarity. Be sure to ask her for recommendations for everything, from restaurants, guides, a driver or a spice merchant. She is legendary across the city and so deservedly, is this stunning Riad.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful...you really can't go wrong!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!