“I wish I could give more than 5 stars!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“I wish I could give more than 5 stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Honestly, what more can I say that hasn't already been said below? Stop reading reviews now and just book your stay here! I am fortunate to have stayed in a lot of nice hotels, and this riad itself is absolutely beautiful. I stayed in the Panther room, which was comfortable, gorgeous and immaculate. The grounds were beautiful, and the pool area very relaxing.

But to me, what makes this place above and beyond what I've experienced in the past is the exceptional staff. I could not have asked for more. Even before arriving in Marrakech Rebeca worked with me via email to sort our options for day trips, dinners, and spa treatments. When I finally did arrive I was welcomed with a warm hug and lots of care. She had known my concerns as a solo traveler and went out of her way to make me feel comfortable. The entire staff was phenomenal, from breakfast to dinner I never had to ask for anything. They were always on top of everyone's needs. I had most of my meals at the riad and they were also delicious and original. I would recommend staying for dinner at least once during your stay. At the end of the trip it's not that I didn't want to leave Morocco, I didn't want to leave this wonderful riad and staff. It was a welcome haven of peace in an otherwise chaotic city. I would recommend to everyone and will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the suites with the private rooftop terrace and hot tubs!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay with great attention to detail. The mobile to ring when you get lost is a great idea as you will get lost! The hammam is a must for every guest. Rebecca, Afaf and all the staff treat you like very special friends come to stay and are what makes this such a great experience. We had the good fortune to meet the owner who rectified what might have been a calamity (when there was an electrical fire) into the most entertaining evening with fantastic hospitality. If you are planning a trip to Marrakech then this is the place to stay.

international
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I have been to over 40 countries...we look for places to stay that will give us a chance to experience the true culture, and we don't mind splurging for something that is truly special. When you choose a Riad over a hotel chain, you should expect to feel the true Moroccan hospitality, food and ambience. Riad Noir d'Ivoire absolutely delivers, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else if we ever return to Marrakech. The hotel is tucked away from the medina among a labyrinth of little alleyways, but the map that the general manager, Rebecca and her team provide you with will make you an expert at finding your way around. Mama's meals are fantastic, and Afaf, Moustafa and all the other staff will make you feel like one of the family. When you arrive, definitely opt for Couscous the donkey to bring your luggage. It may sound kitschy, but it is a real treat. The Riad itself is gorgeous, with nooks and crannies, two pools, a bar, a hamam and a library...but the real gem is Rebecca, whose passion for making everyone have a trip of a lifetime is a real rarity. Be sure to ask her for recommendations for everything, from restaurants, guides, a driver or a spice merchant. She is legendary across the city and so deservedly, is this stunning Riad.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful...you really can't go wrong!
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife took me to Riad Noir d'Ivoire for a birthday treat. We have stayed in many smart hotels around the world, but Riad Noir really is easily one of the best! The building is fantastic, the service immaculate, Mama's cooking is perfect (much better than the other restaurants we tried Marrakech), and unbelievably Rebeca makes the whole experience better still with her efficiency, charming conversation, and genuine hospitality. It would not be the same without her. If you are coming to Marrakech you simply have to stay in Riad Noir - if you can't, change the trip so that you can.

Room Tip: We stayed in the elephant room which was lovely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Following the great reviews my wife and I chose the Noir d'Ivoire as the location to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary...we were not disappointed.
After being chauffeured from the airport we experienced a short walk through the streets before being given the warmest welcome at the Riad door by Rebeca the general manager. Within seconds we were all enjoying cocktails and chatting as if we had known each other all our lives. The Riad is simply stunning, literally a cliched oasis in the city. The pictures do not do it justice. Following our drinks we were given a guided tour and then shown to our room (er, suite), Guepard. Wow. From the private terrace to the sitting room and massive bed, luxury and comfort clearly rule.

We had arranged to have dinner so we freshened up and had just joined the eight other guests in the courtyard when literally the fuse-box blew-up and we were plunged into candle light. We were greeted at this point by Steve the owner, or 'the Limoncello kid' as we came to know him...(for he loves the stuff) who happened to be visiting. Within moments we were all guided through the streets to a nearby restaurant and hosted through a fantastic and fully complimentary evening of wine, food and traditional entertainment. A fantastic ice-breaker for us all...thank you Steve and the 'Dar Marjana'.

Upon our return to the Riad, all had been restored and we discovered our room was now lit by candles and scattered with rose-petals. A really nice touch.

Through the days that followed we met great new friends, experienced the Hammam, and Souks, and learned that nothing is too much trouble for Rebeca or her wonderful team. A truly special weekend and a special place. We can't wait to return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Wow! When booking to stay here I read lots of reviews on this site so had high expectations. Upon arrival I quickly knew that these were going to be easily met. Rebekah and all of her team were exceptional, each one going out of their way to give us a relaxing break.
We loved being a short walk away from the Souks and Square, so we enjoyed these in the morning and then spent the afternoons relaxing back at the Riad.
Rebekah provides you with a mobile phone and very detailed map which was extremely useful when out exploring.
Cannot wait to go back.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Wonderful service from the team at Noir d'Ivoire. They really treat you as guests right down the little details such as talking you through the map and how to navigate Marrakech (not easy), giving you a phone to call them if you get lost or need room service, and my favourite no set times for breakfast! The decor and rooms are fabulous with all the furnishings sourced locally. We visited for a special birthday treat and were not disappointed. Definitely a venue for couples wanting a special break - remember to treat yourself to the Hammam also! From the moment we were met by Cous to Cous the donkey to the moment we left, we loved it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!