“I don't normally comment but......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Adelaide, Australia
“I don't normally comment but......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Riad was just the best place I have ever stayed and I've stayed in some pretty high end hotels.....Raffles in Singapore just to name drop one. The staff, the rooms, the atmosphere and the Hamam were all simply outstanding. I could not have been happier. Every single person was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble even when I had trouble with my international credit card the staff we happy to assist and get it sorted. I could not believe how good the entire experience was, there is not one single thing I would fault or even not give a perfect rating for, it really is that good. If your in Marrakech you have to stay at the Riad Nior d'Ivoire or you are missing out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Riad Noir d'Ivoire is one of the few hotels in the world that I have fallen in love with at first sight, and it delivered through the rest of the trip.

We arrived late at the riad thanks to a 5 hour delay on Royal Air Maroc. We were informed of 4 hours of the delay 2 days in advance and were able to warn the riad, but we still had trepidation that our driver would be waiting for us even the extra hour late. No problem. He was there, and quickly whisked us away from the airport in a comfortable van, telling us about the different areas of Marrakech along the way. Rebeca, the manager, had already told us that CousCous, the donkey, would not be able to take our bags through the small streets at that time of night, but no problem, we were assisted by a member of the staff through the small streets of the neighborhood to the riad. I will admit that I was a bit nervous at night my first time in the neighborhood--the streets are not well lit, but after being introduced to the neighborhood in the daylight I felt much better. Entering through the unmarked door on the small street in Bab Doukkala you would never know what an amazing guesthouse awaits you. A huge open courtyard, with an enormous chandelier, and a small pool. At night, the riad is absolutely magical, lit by the warm glow of dozens of Moroccan lanterns (we were so impressed, that we had to bring back one as a souvenir).

At the riad the first night we were well-taken care of by Hicham, who was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. If there is an award for employee of the year in Morocco, he should get it. He is so genuinely nice and welcoming. He showed us around the riad, and our beautiful room. We settled in one of the restful and romantic booths near the larger pool and enjoyed a late dinner, which we arranged earlier since we had late arrival--chicken tagine, which was delicious, although in retrospect, I think it may have been quail or pigeon, since it was quite bony. After dinner and a couple of Casablanca beers (which I highly recommend), we settled into our room, Gazelle. Gazelle is one of the two smallest rooms in the riad without any outdoor space, and due to being at full capacity, unfortunately, we could not upgrade, but it was just fine. Not very large, but spacious enough, with a sitting area, lovely rainfall shower, and a lot of charm.

After a wonderful rest, the next morning, we had a lovely breakfast (included in the price) on the rooftop terrace, and met with Rebeca to get a little introduction to Marrakech. Rebeca is nothing short of amazing. First of all, she speaks no less than 5 or 6 languages perfectly. We sat on one of the comfortable couches in the enormous foyer and she walked us through a map, made especially for the riad regarding the neighborhood, the souks, and the medina. Thanks to her map, we never got lost coming back to the hotel at all, and we felt very comfortable walking in the neighborhood, despite the fact that at night it is quite dark (we got lost in the souks, but as you will see, that is inevitable).

Another great perk of the hotel, they give you a local cell phone with Rebeca and Hicham's numbers programmed in, should you need it when you are out. Fantastic! We had a great three days staying at the riad. The only downside I see at all, is that it gets a bit crowded by poolside mid-afternoon (end of June) when the temperature soars and it is impossible but to do anything by lie by the pool. Of note, they do have several cats, which also lounge with you, making it feel a bit more like a home (a very luxurious one at that), but something to note if you have allergy. There is a hammam at the hotel, which we highly recommend. A great experience, and very relaxing. Madame Coco is the only masseur, and she was fantastic. In the words of my husband, "one of the best massages I have ever tried, anywhere in the world." I fell asleep during mine, but just note there is no such thing as a "couples massage". If you both want massages, one person will have to wait, but there is mint tea waiting, and I didn't find it to be a problem.

I will say we visited another riad once for dinner, with the assistance of Rebeca, who helped us to make the reservation, and it was lovely...dinner was fantastic, but it had more of a "home" vibe. I was definitely happy with the more posh 'digs' at the riad noir d'ivoire. Also for comparison, we also visited the Mammounia for a drink, but again, were quite content with our decision to stay in the riad--I feel like we got the best of both worlds--the authentic riad experience, without giving up the luxury!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, but try to get one with some outdoor space
Innsbruck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It is always an incredible experience to come back to Riad Noir d'Ivoire. After last time in Marrakech I thought it will be difficult to top the beautiful atmosphere and the warm hospitality of this Riad. But now, after the renovation we were really amazed with how much taste and feeling for the local touch all this has been done. If Marrakesch then it has to be a Riad, and if a Riad there is nothing more genuine than Noir d'Ivoir. It definitely feels like a fairy tale from the old times with all modern comfort you can wish for. It is the Flair, the Tradition but most of all the Spirit of the whole Team working for the guests that made our stay a most memorable one. Claus

Room Tip: Great suites with Roof terraces
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

was in the riad again for a few days and again it was an unbelievable experiance. does not matter what you pick - the staff, the riad by itself, the rooms, the decoration, everything deservs a perfect 10. can not wait to come back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Words can only say sheer perfection..! Its very rare to find staff as 1st class as the Riad.. You can only appreciate the class of this hotel by staying there... Rebeca was the best host anyone could wish for on arrival and Mama in the kitchen will spoil you rotten... After a day in the Madina, this is the perfect place to relax...

Room Tip: The Zebre Suite is simply lovely..
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the Noir D'Ivoire at the end of June in the Panther suite for four nights.

Like everyone else who has stayed there, it seems, this was a memorable experience for both of us and it is difficult not to repeat what has already been said many times before.

From pick up at the airport through to our departure Rebeca, ably assisted by Afaf, and the entire Noir D'Ivoire team provided an immpecable service and ensured that our every need was dealt with efficiently and in a friendly manner.

The ambiance and atmosphere of the whole hotel is, from our wide experience, UNIQUE. Our suite was beautifully equipped, the courtyards, pools, and lounge areas were elegant and discreet. The hotel's location is ideal for walking the streets of Marrakech and the food was exemplary.

It is easy to see why everyone rates this 'best in city'.

Marrakech without the Noir D'Ivoire ?

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I now how confusing and difficult it is to choose a Riad for your your stay in Marrakech. They all have lovely web sites and good reviews, but Riad Noir d'Ivoire is really special and exceeds all expectations. Rebecca and her amazing team create a perfect world in this beautiful Riad. They seem to anticipate your every need and it is all delivered with warmth and unobtrusive professionalism. The Riad itself is beautiful and the rooms offer every comfort in an authentic setting. For us, the position of this Riad was a highlight. Close enough for an easy walk to all tourist spots, but near the local food market which is a joy to observe. So many highlights...breakfast on the roof terrace....at whatever time you want it....dinner in your private alcove by the pool or perhaps by the courtyard pool amid the scented plants and twinkling lantern light. ...The food is wonderful....some of the best we had in Morocco. I had my first Hammam here and it was divine...much better than subsequent others. Rebeca is happy to offer suggestions for your day or arrange a guide and the cell phone is wonderful, but none of our reviews can really do justice to the level of service and individual attention you receive here. All I can say is go...stay here and learn the mysteries of 'pretty street' and' ugly street'. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!