Don't overthink this decision. If the sheer number of stellar reviews for Riad Noir d'Ivoire don't persuade you to stay there, then here are a few factors to consider.
1. If you are a tourist in Marrakech you want to be in the Medina... the old walled city.
2. But the Medina can be intimidating to those without much French language and/or limited experience of travel in North Africa. So you need a bit of local support.
3. And everyone at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire is there to make sure you have the best possible time in Marrakech. Every single person.
4. They will give you the best hotel created map you have ever seen.
5. If you like they will send you out escorted for your first few trips out into the Medina.
6. They will ease you into a comfort and confidence level with Marrakech that will make you almost feel at home in this amazing city.
7. With only nine rooms you get the exceptional personal service that only this sort of boutique establishment can offer. Your trips, reservations, spa treatments etc. etc. are individualised.
8. The place is magnificently decorated and designed. You're in a beautiful room in a small palace.
9. After leaving Noir d"Ivoire my wife and I tried to recall other places we've stayed in the last 25 years that we felt the same about. There weren't many... The Point in upstate New York; Black Barn in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand; Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur California; Hotel Europa e Regina in Venice; and Wolgan Valley Resort in NSW Australia. Perhaps these can give you a point of comparison.
10. Context is a big part of the experience. You do walk five minutes along winding alleyways to get to the place. You do hear the amazing calls to prayer at about 4.30 in the morning (if your window is open). You are in the midst of an intensely traditional society wrestling with the modern world. And you are in an oasis (in so many ways) amongst the chaos of a world that is still a long way from the 'west'. And all of this is what makes the entire experience so very special.
11. If you are still reading this then now is the time to single out Rebeca who handled our booking and Afaf who cared for us whilst we were there. Thank you. We hope to see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. Meet and greet service with our donkey Couscous and our four loving cats! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech