Almost a year had elapsed since my partner and I had married and we were looking for a trip to remember, a belated honeymoon and place to celebrate our first anniversary. After a little looking around we decided that Marrakech was the place and Noir D'ivoire was to be our first port of call. We were met at the airport by our driver and a very pleasing 32 degrees of glorious sunshine, the perfect start to what would be a perfect week. After a short drive into the Medina we were met by two of the Riads staff and the very cute Cous cous the donkey who escorted us through the winding alleys to the studded wooden door of the Riad. The door opened and we were greeted by Damien who immediately made us feel at home in this most beautiful of spaces. After a glass of Champagne we were given a tour of the Riad and shown to our room. As it was a special occassion we opted for the master "Panther" suite, it didn't dissapoint. A beautiful, atmospheric room with a fantastic balcony overlooking the open courtyard and a private roof terrace. After unpacking we ordered some Morrocan Rose wine and settled into what would be our home for the next four nights. Our first evening was spent within the confines of the Riad taking in the beauty of the place. A delicious dinner was served poolside followed by another drop of the delicious Rose on our roof terrace, the perfect end to a gorgeous day.
The following days were magical. Damien, Ariane and all the wonderful members of staff made our stay truly stunning. Damien suggested an itinerary for our stay and gave us all the info we required for navigating the souks and surrounding area to where to have dinner in the evenings. For the most part we followed his advice and in doing so made the best of our time in Marrakech.
This was our first time in Marrakech. A wonderful city of huge contrasts. the atmosphere is dizzying and exhilerating and you certainly feel that you have arrived somewhere completely exotic. The smells, the heat and the colours are so stimulating and intoxicating. Noir D'ivoire was the perfect antidote to a day in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. A serene and beautiful haven of calm to recharge the batteries and empty the head of thought.
After four nights of bliss we were transferring to the equally wonderful Kasbah Tamadot in the Atlas mountains for 3 nights. We checked out but before we left we penciled in some return dates for August. We have fallen in love with Marrakech and even more so with Noir D'ivoire, one stay could never be enough. The hospitality, attention to detail and sheer beauty of this place are unsurpassed, can't praise it highly enough. Looking forward to returning in August and this time I'm taking Cous cous a carrot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech