“Truely wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
Save Saved
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Derby, United Kingdom
“Truely wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We decided to go to Marrakech, after hearing so many great stories, to celebrate my husband's 30th Birthday. We already had accommodation booked for 3 nights elsewhere in Marrakech (a large hotel in the La Palmeraie area) but due to the way the flights fell we needed to find something for one night. We wanted to try staying in a traditional riad and came across the Riad Noir d'Ivoire through Tripadvisor . I was thrilled when I realised they had availability and just hoped that the reviews I had read were to be.

Our stay at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire although short was magical and memorable!

We cannot say enough about how excellent the service is. Jill the owner and Damien the manager make you feel incredibly welcome and provide a 1st class personal service. But it doesn't stop there... All staff are very friendly and cannot do enough to make all guests feel welcome. They clearly enjoy working at the riad which is a rare find!

The decor of the riad is beautifully tasteful and despite the riad being surrounded by the mad streets of Marrakech (prefect location btw) it is a real oasis inside.

We are well travelled and have stayed at a number of luxury hotels so have become quite picky travellers over the years but Riad Noir d'Ivoire is up there with the few that have impressed us.

This is one of those few places where it looks great on the website but is even better is real life! Cannot recommend enough...we only wish we could have stayed for longer but we will certainly be returning again.

Restaurants to check out include Bo Zin, Kosy Bar and Nawama...oh and cocktails at the famous La Mamounia hotel.

Room Tip: Any room would be a dream to stay in, however for a special occasion we'd recommend one of the s...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Having stayed here for 3 days last year with a friend of mine, I have just returned from spending a week here with my partner. I found that 3 days was not long enough to experience all that Marrakech has to offer but to be honest you still struggle to fit it all in in a week! Forcing ourselves out of the comfort of the riad on a daily basis was a struggle and we took full advantage of the 'breakfast anytime anywhere' offer having it one day at 3pm on our private terrace was just wonderful!

I have never returned to a hotel before, I'm usually of the opinion that the world is too big a place to go back to somewhere I have already been, but this Riad is different. You will WANT to come back!

I have already written a review from my previous stay so I am not going to repeat myself here - but I stand by everything I said. The riad is stunning, decorated beautifully with plenty of comfortable & cosy places to chill out and while away the hours. We stayed in the Zebra suite - which is divine & had a private jacuzzi on the terrace. But its not just the decor that delivers the wow factor - its also the people. Jill and her team are on hand 24 hours a day to ensure that your every wish is catered for and it is this personal touch which is at the heart of the success of this riad.

If you are considering a trip to Marrakech then look no further - you have found your home from home in crazy Marrakech - whatever you think of the city this riad will certainly exceed your expectations and then some! Bon Voyage!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

From the moment we arrived at the Riad all we could say is wow! You would never believe such a huge property is behind the door from the street. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed in. The owner Jill and Damien the manager were just wonderful, we had booked this for one night only as we could not get the flights we wanted, and, how we wished we were staying longer! We were in the Cheetah room which was stunning, with our own roof terrace and jacuzzi that we went in at 5.30am so not to miss out on the experience as we were leaving early. The location of the Riad is amazing, I would recommend this Riad to everyone, and I would suggest one night is not enough. We intend to return and very soon, it was just WOW!!!

Room Tip: cheetah suite has its own jacuzzi and roof terrace
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I chose Marrakech as a birthday treat for my wife, but was keen on taking our young son a long also. It would be fair to say that Marrakech is not a comfortable place for young families, regardless of the love and affection Moroccans show towards children, which is why I gave so much importance in choosing the right place to stay. I hit a bulls eye with the Riad Noir d'Ivoire in every possible way. The inside of the Riad is simply spectacular, from the water fixture, the swimming pool, the generous sized rooms to furnishings that would not look out of place in a top interior magazine. We were treated to breakfast on our own private roof terrace at whatever time we wanted - what joy! The only challenge was trying to persuade my wife and son to get out of the jacuzzi.

To make all this work and turn a holiday into a truly memorable event you need to be surrounded by people who care and want you to have the best possible time without having to ask. I cannot praise Jill and her team enough, they were warm and friendly, gave us good advice and listened to what we had to say, for example we were given a mobile with relevant numbers just in case, guides would walk with us to restaurants that were hard to find or the ATM. Little touches that mean a lot

All in all a fantastic place to stay and I would recommend it without hesitation

Room Tip: the suite was called Gepard and came with an ensuite, a living room and a private roof terrace
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Having read the numerous wonderful reviews we had no doubt that Riad Noir would be a cut above..... but, trust me, the reviews are not overblown - this place is wonderful. Owner Jill and manager Damien are on a mission to make you feel you are special and the staff are simply lovely, including the local cook who produced the best meal of the week for us, amongst the many traditional feasts we sampled. To cap it all, Jill upgraded us to a luxurious suite that just happened to be vacant for the night. Consequently we spent our final night and the following day in what must be one of the most beautiful settings in Morroco - and, given that we were on an evening flight, Jill made it clear that we had the run of the Riad until the minute we were due to leave. One final note - pre-book a taxi.... otherwise you will never find this sumptuous gem amidst the winding alleyways!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the entrance side are totally tranquil.
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The decor is spot on - nothing too kitch-ly Morrocan, just chic and tasteful, exuding class and Moroccan decadence, without trying too hard. Actually, the decor everywhere else we visited paled into insignificance - in my humble opinion.
Customer service was second to none, in every regard. I have never met anyone more enthusiastic than Damien, front of house. Hammam and Spa were fantastic. Our every "want" was catered for, and if don't consider this the best, excellent, and worthy of 5 stars, then you must be either be royalty, or a nutter.

Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We found it inconceivable that a lodging could have so many excellent and very good reviews. We stayed at Riad Noir d'Ivoire for three nights to celebrate our 45th anniversary and it WAS everything it was cracked up to be. Jill is a wonderful owner and Damien an extremely helpful adviser for just about everything. A great place to relax, away from the frenzy of other areas, but close enough to the souks to get a true flavor of Marrakech. One thing that impressed us from the prior reviews was the assistance given when a prior visitor's spouse took ill. Well, the same happened with us as my wife suffered serious heat exhaustion (didn't drink enough water on very hot days with lots of walking). Damien immediately called a local clinic with which he was familiar, arranged transportation there and my wife was soon able to access qualified medical care and tests. (All turned out fine.) The concern showed her by Damien and Jill was just great and we were pleased to have their assistance in the unaccustomed environment of Marrakech. We would recommend this riad to anyone. In addition, Jill readily assisted us with unexpected post-departure matters that arose as a result of the theft of our passports in Spain.

Room Tip: Non-suite Gazelle room was a good value.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Noir d'Ivoire? Share your experiences!