“More of a palace than a hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
You added Riad Noir d'Ivoire to your Saves list
31, Derb jdid Bab Doukkala 44.000, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 490 Hotels in Marrakech
UK
“More of a palace than a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is the most beautiful oasis of calm in the midst of the mayhem of old Marrakech. There are sumptuous interiors in a modern but essentially Moroccan style and our room was almost an apartment, with its own staircase and a lounge area looking down into the rear courtyard. The jacuzzi on our private roof terrace was the ultimate luxury. Candlelit dinner was waiting for us when we arrived and a guide sent out with us next day on our first venture into the medina, to point out the landmarks for finding our way back! Smiling service from all the staff, who looked after our every need. The riad has its own hammam bath and spa room, which is not to be missed. We recommend the full massage! Thank you Jill and Damien for making us so welcome and providing the perfect relaxing retreat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Perfect design, staff, detail and, most importantly, cats. Everything works to create a sense of pure serenity. It would be a shame to come to Marrakech and not see the city. I also found it a shame to leave the riad. In that sense, Noir D'Ivoire may be too good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend break in Marrakech and I chose Riad Noir D'Ivoire after reading the glowing reviews here on TripAdvisor. As the previous reviews stated, it didn't disappoint. The riad is situated in the medina, within the old city walls and it is an easy walk to the souks and Djema al Fna, the main square. It is in a residential area with local shops, and walking through the area provides an interesting peek into the lives of the locals.

We arrived on Friday evening, were met at the airport by a driver even though I had given Jill a later arrival time, an error on my part. We were at the carpark near the riad in 20 minutes, where we were met by some of the staff and our luggage was carted through the winding lanes to the riad. There we were met at the door by Damien, who offered us drinks and showed us to our room, the Cameleon suite, which was beautifully decorated and had a very comfy bed. As it was late and raining (unusual for Marrakech), we ate dinner in that night, with a starter of briouettes, a main of chicken tagine and dessert of poached pear.

We met Jill the next morning and she is such an interesting person to talk to. Her personality is stamped all over the place and she has created a wonderful place in a city that can be frustrating and hectic for some.

Damien's instructions and tips on where to go were extremely clear and helpful and although we lost ourselves in the souks, we were still able to find our way back to the riad by picking out the landmarks pointed out by one of the staff who escorted us out on the first day. We were offered a phone in case we got lost, which we didn't take but it is a very practical gesture. We also felt safe walking around at night, although the laneways were quieter, but still well lit.

The riad has two courtyards, and we enjoyed sitting out in one on the Saturday night with a bottle of Champagne, enjoying the peace and quiet that London doesn't always offer. Additionally, the roof terrace was the perfect place to have the delicious Continental breakfast of fruit, yoghurt, toast and pastries. Wifi is available in the common areas but you won't be using it much, there's too much else to do.

One point I would like to make is that my partner and I are very independent travellers, very self-sufficient and like time to ourselves. Whilst we had wonderful service and spent time talking to Jill and Damien, we also had a lot of time to ourselves whilst at the riad, thus making for a very relaxing break. We also enjoyed the cats, there are several in the riad, all very playful and always up for a cuddle.

We will definitely be back again, for a longer stay the next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I booked this Riad for a 4 night stay in March and based on reviews on TripAdvisor, the riad website and mentions in magazines I had very high expectations! Still, my experience at Noir D’Ivoire managed to go above and beyond everything I had hoped for. I’ve travelled quite a bit and in very different parts of the world, but I have never experienced a hotel that can hold a candle to this place.

From the minute we stepped inside this beautiful and stylish haven, we felt welcome and at home. Jill’s attention to detail and remarkable personality shines though in everything from the stunning décor to her warm and affectionate attention to your every need. Likewise, her assistant Damien and all of the riad staff went out of their way to make our stay a blissful break from everyday life. We were spoiled and taken care of 24 hours a day, and even though Marrakech is a very safe city, one of the staff would even pick us up after dinner and walk us home – just to make sure we could find our way though the fascinating maze that is the medina.

I loved the unique and vibrant city of Marrakech, but I simply don’t think I would have experienced the city the same way had I not stayed at this riad and had the qualified guiding about everything from restaurants and shopping to sightseeing and local customs from Jill and Damien. I have never experienced the degree of personal service and hospitably like you find in the gorgeous Riad Noir D’Ivoire.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
St. Neot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

As with many other people that have been lucky enough to visit Noir D’Ivoire I really cannot fault it. Elegant, comfortable, stylish, immaculate... I could talk forever about this amazing hotel but words cannot describe just how good it is!
Marrakech can be quite a draining place to visit, so much going on, but this really is the perfect place to stay to get away from it all and relax.
This is firmly on my list of places to visit again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Just returned from a lovely trip to Noir D’Ivoire … the hotel is beautiful, rooms are divine and the service is first class – all-in-all a wonderful time.
It was a last minute getaway for me and my boyfriend, and our first visit to Marrakech. We arrived to a warm welcome, a chilled glass of wine and a cosy meal for two in this beautifully designed riad.
We hadn’t had chance to research where we’d like to visit during our long-weekend stay, so thankfully Jill (the owner) and Damien (her trusty side-kick) provided us with all the information we needed, gave us a map (and phone - in case we got lost) and made dinner and driver reservations for us.
We stayed in one of the suites with a private roof terrace – where we ate breakfast, sunbathed and relaxed in the Jacuzzi.
As I was celebrating my birthday during our stay, Noir D’Ivoire made my day extra special from start to finish. We also treated ourselves to the hammam and massage in the quaint little spa.
A wonderful weekend break in great hotel hideaway.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

All these positive reviews are true and say it all. I have never reviewed anything on Tripadvisor before, but the welcome and service that Jill and Damien gave our family was the best we have ever received anywhere (and we travel a lot) so I felt I must! Jill even arranged for my youngest son's favourite t-shirts to follow us to the mountains (no mention of charging us) after he lost them down the back of a wardrobe ..... nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family