“Lovely Riad away from the Chaos!” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Tzarra
22 Derb Lalla Azzouna | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #89 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Riad away from the Chaos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We ve stayed in a few Riads in Marrakech and this is by far the best! Our travel company booked it for us blin last minute so didnt know what to expect but wow...what a lovely place!
Its tucked away in a quiet area within easy reach of the souk but away from the touristy part.
The actual Riad is simply but beautifully decorated...we had the Persia room which was lovely with a quirky little split level bathroom!
The lounge area was very nice with a big open fireplace for those coming in the winter.
The roof top area was perfect for chilling with a drink at the end of the day.
....and the staff were so so welcoming, friendly and helpful! Loved it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Azzouna, Manager at Riad Tzarra, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind TripAdvisor review. I'm delighted to hear you feel this was the best riad you've stayed in in Marrakech. We hope that we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pure Riads in the future. Best, Mandy

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I spent 3 days in Marrakech, and I am not shy to say that this Riad was one of the highlights of the trip. Not only the building and rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely charming, but it offers an oasis of tranquility in the middle of the busy Medina, taking a break from sightseeing to relax in the terrace enjoying mint tea was truly priceless. The other winning point for this riad is the staff. Mohamed and his assistant were really helpful and nice and offer detailed directions and recommendations, always with a smile, always trying to make your stay more enjoyable. I stood in the Colonial room, and I have to say that it had one of the best bathrooms that I have ever been at (comparable only to the high end resorts in Bali) Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the colonial is great, but I stepped into the other ones and they are equality...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Azzouna, Manager at Riad Tzarra, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for the kind TripAdvisor review. After a day in the souks, a relaxing oasis is just what one needs, and I'm happy to hear you found this in Riad Tzarra. I've passed on your kind words to the Riad Tzarra team and we hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back. Best, Mandy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Two friends and myself stayed in the Riad Tzarra during a holiday to Marrakech. We had a really fantastic stay, and I would recommend this Riad to anyone.

The atmosphere of the entire Riad is great. It is in complete- contrast to the hot, busy, bustling streets; as soon as you step through the door of Riad Tzarra you could not feel further from the madness of the markets. It is a calm and tranquil retreat, in a perfect central location. The Riad is decorated very stylishly - perfectly clean, with quirky and beautiful Moroccan touches. Our room was similarly very well presented, and was cleaned to an extremely high standard every single day of our stay. There is a lovely pool on the ground floor too, which proved extremely refreshing after an afternoon of sunbathing on the roof. The roof terrace itself is absolutely gorgeous, and my friends and myself found ourselves retreating here in the heat of the late afternoon after a day wandering the city.

Meals are available in the Riad and the food was fantastic. As a vegetarian, every need was catered too - gorgeous fresh salads, warming authentic tangines, perfectly prepared puddings. We were also treated to delicious mint tea on arrival. There is an 'honesty bar' available which is extremely well stocked and handy.

Riad Tzarra can also provide you with beauty treatments, Hammams and massages in the comfort of the Riad. My friends and I had a manicure, pedicure, hammam and massage each. We found that having such treatments available in the Riad itself was a great option - very easy to simply pop to the ground floor of the Riad as opposed to the less relaxing option of heading into the city to find these treatments elsewhere. Rizlane looked after us so well - the Hammam and massage combination was so relaxing and restful whilst being very cleansing, and the manicures and pedicure were finished to perfection.

What truly makes Riad Tzarra are the staff. We were so well looked after from the minute we stepped through the door, right up until we left. Everyone who works there was friendly, polite and helpful and this definitely completed our stay.

My friends and I would definitely stay in Riad Tzarra again if we returned to Marrakesh. Not only is it beautifully styled, presented and maintained. It's location, services and staff make for a wonderfully relaxing and memorable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We didn't stay here as we were in another riad owned by Pure Riads (Riad Adore) but did come for hammams and massages. The whole experience was sublime. The lady who looked after us - Rizlane, I think, was lovely and we came away not only feeling very clean after the hammam but also very relaxed after the massage. The riad is quite beautul and, like Riad Adore, is decorated and furnished with great taste. Again, we would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We spent 3 days in Riad Tzarra earlier this month. The experience was wonderful from start to finish. This is a relaxing, tranquil escape from the bustling streets of Marrakesch. The staff are so helpful and go out of their way to look after you. We had dinner on the roof terrace and loved it so much that we visited another of their Riads around the corner: Dar Hanane. The food is exquisite traditional Morrocan cuisine and we would definitely recommend it. Thank you to Mandy for making our stay so special - definitely going back soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Azzouna, Manager at Riad Tzarra, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind words on our TripAdvisor page. I certainly enjoyed meeting you at Riad Tzarra and I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I've passed along your comments to our chefs at both Dar Hanane and Riad Tzarra and we'd be delighted to have you back again on your next Marrakech break. Best, Mandy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Visited Riad Tzarra whilst staying at Dar Hanane, just around the corner and owned by the same English couple. Had the most wonderful "hammam and massage" experience in this beautiful riad and can't wait to do it again ! Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Azzouna, Manager at Riad Tzarra, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a kind TripAdvisor review. I'm happy to hear you too enjoyed your hammam experience, a truly divine beauty treatment. I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back to PureRiads. Best, Mandy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Riad Tzarra on a recent trip to Marrakech. The rooms are decorated beautifully and are just as they appear on the website. The staff are kind, helpful, and will do anything to make your stay more comfortable. I dined there twice for lunch and was not disappointed. The traditional Moroccan food was delicious and the coffee is to DIE for! When travelling to a city as hectic and busy as Marrakech, I believe it important to return to a hotel with a calm, relaxing atmosphere, leaving you refreshed. Riad Tzarra does just this. I would not hesitate to recommend any of the Pure Riads as I learned that they are all owned and managed by the same fantastic team!

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Take a look at the website, as each room is well represented by pictures. If...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Tzarra? Share your experiences!