“Perfect place to relax in a dynamic city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Toulousain

We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hotel Toulousain
Save Saved
You added Hotel Toulousain to your Saves list
44 Rue Tarik Ben Ziad Gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #278 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Tiznit, Morocco
“Perfect place to relax in a dynamic city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Toulousain is a beautiful place with a wonderful staff. It's in a convenient, quiet location (10 minute walk to train/bus stations, 20 minute walk to Jemaa al-Fna and the medina market). I love the fact that the hotel has a pet cat, Kenza, and two pet turtles. The wifi in the lobby is very convenient too. I have stayed at this hotel several times now and it is my go-to place for a comfortable and relatively cheap stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I usually stay in one particular Hotel near the Djeema el Fna for my first night in Morocco, but over time have become disillusioned with it.

I am SO happy that I have discovered the Hotel Toulousain (thank you Lonely Planet Guide)!! It's on the airport bus route, is only a 12 minute walk from the train station, about 15 minute walk from CTM and Supratour Bus Stations.

I'm a solo traveller andI found all staff members I had contact with very, very helpful and nothing was too much trouble and they all made me feel very welcome. I stayed there 3 times during my trip and all my 3 rooms were comfortable and a good price (140MAD/£11.20 approx for shared facilities & 220MAD/£17.60 with own facilities) including breakfast (baguette, butter, jam, croissant/pain au choc, juice and hot drink) Choice of two lovely courtyards to eat breakfast. A bonus for me was the Literary Cafe next door. Great place to sit and read books left/donated by other travellers (or buy one very cheaply) and have access to free wi-fi

Quiet location and only one street behind the busy streets. In one of my rooms I experienced some sound travelling from the club behind, but a pair of ear plugs soon sorted that out! The Solaris Restaurant on the main road is a very hand place offering lovely food.

The Hotel Toulousain will now be my preferred hotel on arriving in Marrakech. There's a luggage room available which is great for those times when you don't want to cart all your stuff around with you!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Very basic hotel, but away from the maddening crowds.. a blissful place to reflect in.. The staff are above and beyond in hospitality and will bend over backwards to accommodate you.. You can store your luggage securely and travel to come back to find all is in good order.. secure,serene... and money well spent.. I have stayed there on and off over 7 years.. and will continue to do so.. it is home away from home...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I spent a few days at Hotel Toulousain, made to feel very welcome, comfortable room, incredible breakfasts & easy to get around!

Having spent numerous trips staying in the medina area, I'm glad I found Hotel Toulousain - in the ville nouvelle, no touts nearby and a wonderful courtyard with wifi access!

I will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Avignon, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The initial impression of the room wasn't great, to be honest. But the place was clean enough, comfortable enough, accessible enough... breakfast was nice though! And all the staff I encountered were very friendly and happy to help, especially the lady at reception.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
South-west Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had room 25 - it was on the 1st floor and we paid 200 dirhams so it was one of the cheapie options. The bathroom was a walk down the hall. We weren't given towels, not sure if this was an oversight or extra, had our own ones anyhow. In retrospect, I definitely wished we had paid extra and got something downstairs, or at least a fan as the sun shone straight in through the window making it boiling by late afternoon! Shower was ok although drainage slow. Glad to find I could actually use my hairdryer in the power sockets. However the courtyard provided a lovely relaxing place to sit and read downstairs - excellent if you are waiting for your ride to the airport etc. Breakfast as others have mentioned was very good for the price and they do a nice coffee. Also very convenient for the Cafe du Livre next door - a nice place to hang out, read a book over a cocktail, wine or beer & listen to music. All in all a perfect cheap one night stopover place.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor if you want a shadier spot or en suite. First floor rooms 23-25 es...