“Intimate and feels like home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Toulousain

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Toulousain
44 Rue Tarik Ben Ziad Gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #269 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Kelowna, Canada
“Intimate and feels like home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Very basic hotel, but away from the maddening crowds.. a blissful place to reflect in.. The staff are above and beyond in hospitality and will bend over backwards to accommodate you.. You can store your luggage securely and travel to come back to find all is in good order.. secure,serene... and money well spent.. I have stayed there on and off over 7 years.. and will continue to do so.. it is home away from home...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I spent a few days at Hotel Toulousain, made to feel very welcome, comfortable room, incredible breakfasts & easy to get around!

Having spent numerous trips staying in the medina area, I'm glad I found Hotel Toulousain - in the ville nouvelle, no touts nearby and a wonderful courtyard with wifi access!

I will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Avignon, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The initial impression of the room wasn't great, to be honest. But the place was clean enough, comfortable enough, accessible enough... breakfast was nice though! And all the staff I encountered were very friendly and happy to help, especially the lady at reception.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
South-west Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had room 25 - it was on the 1st floor and we paid 200 dirhams so it was one of the cheapie options. The bathroom was a walk down the hall. We weren't given towels, not sure if this was an oversight or extra, had our own ones anyhow. In retrospect, I definitely wished we had paid extra and got something downstairs, or at least a fan as the sun shone straight in through the window making it boiling by late afternoon! Shower was ok although drainage slow. Glad to find I could actually use my hairdryer in the power sockets. However the courtyard provided a lovely relaxing place to sit and read downstairs - excellent if you are waiting for your ride to the airport etc. Breakfast as others have mentioned was very good for the price and they do a nice coffee. Also very convenient for the Cafe du Livre next door - a nice place to hang out, read a book over a cocktail, wine or beer & listen to music. All in all a perfect cheap one night stopover place.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor if you want a shadier spot or en suite. First floor rooms 23-25 es...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

For this price, you can't ask for more. We just needed a roof and a bed for an overnight stay. But I have to say I expected the washroom (we asked for a room with private washroom) in a little better shape. The bed and overall the room is clean however. The pleasant surprise is the breakfast which was really delicious. Overall I am satisfied for the cost I paid.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Geldrop
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel twice. The first time was ok, we had a room with fan (the rooms with fan are 280 dh. and without 200, but it's really worth it!!) It was a nice room, downstairs with a nice clean bathroom with toilet.It was room number 1.

The second time we had room number 17. upstairs and it was dirty and we had bugs in our bed! It was not nice like the first time. there was no fan and since the room was upstairs it was extreemly hot! We didn't sleep a lot and woke up alle the time because of the heat and people comming back in the middle of the night.
The bathroom was old and the water in the shower did not run away well. There was no toilet in the room, but outside the room.

The breakfast was nice with bread, marmalade and yoghurt.

Room Tip: don't take room 17!! Room 1 is ok!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boemien, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Toulousain, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Sorry you had a not so good experience at room number 17. I wish you had told us while you were here, we would have changed the room for you or do something to make your stay more enjoyable. The fan for example, you could have rented a fan at the reception for 30 dirhams more (3 euros). Regarding the bugs, we found out about them on August 21st (date of your review) and we did not find any bugs in the room. Nevertheless, we treated the room just to be safe! We are always praised for clean rooms, so I do not know where the bugs came from? Maybe a customer had them travel in his backpack from the mountains. Or they were just passing by :) In any case, the hotel is bug free! And please remember to signal anything you do not like to the receptionist so it can be fixed in a timely fashion. We hope to see you again in our hotel.
Guanajuato, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This place is full all the time because of the price. It is adequate for travelers who just need a place to sleep and a continental breakfast. Not badly located, but be careful of the pitch black street. Except for a palm tree in the courtyard, there is nothing about the Toulousain that would let you know you were in Morocco. The rooms are just basic old furniture, no design, no taste. Baths have hot water, but miniscule towels.

I broke my foot right outside the Toulousain at 7 p.m. in the winter on a Sunday night as there were no street lamps and no businesses open to light my way. Trying to get away from some rubble that I could barely see in the dimmest of light, I inadvertently stepped off the curb with my full weight behind the fall and fractured my foot. The staff were sweet but could not really direct me to a proper doctor or hospital. A friend of mine in Marrakech was called, and he found me an excellent orthopedist.

The owner of the hotel did come back into town, chatted with me about the accident mentioning that i was the THIRD bad fall due to this street lamp problem. He was kind enough to take me to the airport in his car.

The breakfast is good, though not abundant. Rooms are cold as tombs in winter, but you may have heat if you pay extra for a small heater. Beds are plank hard and blankets are heavy as lead but not warm. Sorry about the cliches in description but these are accurate adjectives.

Room Tip: Wireless Internet reaches the downstairs only.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Toulousain? Share your experiences!