“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Really great place, Julian was extremely helpful on arrival and the Riad was reasonably priced and in a beautiful and tranquil setting. Our room was clean and well maintained. I would recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

After two days in the desert we could not have asked for a more comfortable and welcoming place to stay! Julian and Dany were excellent hosts and welcomed us with tea and open arms. Julian informed us of all the sights worth seeing in Marrakech and some of his favorite local spots. Our room was absolutely perfect and was always kept very clean. The hostel is located on a quiet street just a few minutes walk to the main square. It is not far at all (as the map may show) I loved staying in this quiet neighborhood and in such a beautiful and well kept Riad. It was the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle. I would definitely stay here again & highly recommend it!
Thank you Julian and Dany for a wonderful experience.
Jenna & Marc, Barcelona

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to Morocco for the first time having booked initially 2 nights at the riad and leavin the remaining 4 up in the air. I was picked up at the airport and the convenience of their airport pickup is not only affordable but extremely convenient as it delivers you straight to the riad. It is near impossible to find the riad in your first time without knowing where to go. So I highly recommend the airport transfer through the riad.

We were greeted by Julien and his amazing hospitality was second to none. His knowledge of Marrakech is superb and we felt extremely comfortable at the riad. Julian and Dany made our stay extremely comfortable and welcoming. Their dedication to their guests are 6*- somewhere you would EXPECT 6 star service.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The amenities were perfect, just the right amount for the trip. We spent the remaining nights in marrakech at this riad- brilliant and thanks!!

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a touch late writing this review, as boyfriend and I stayed at Riad Khabia was just over a year ago. However, my ongoing fond memories of our stay compelled me to post this review.
On the map, this Riad may look a bit off of the beaten path, but it is just a short walk to the Main Square.

The Riad Khabia provides clean, spacious, beautifully decorated rooms. Beyond the pleasant accommodations, I must admit the most treasured perk of this Riad are it’s wonderful owners.

During our stay, Julien made every effort to ensure we had a relaxed, full and seamless trip. Upon arrival, he gave us a quick overview of the area and sights. He provided and edited “must-see” sights list and gave us a personalized tour of parts of the Souk and Main Square. On the way to the square, he provided the best negotiation tip a tourist shopper could hope for, a base line price for common items, such as Tagines, Leather bags etc. He recommended varied restaurants, from high-end prix-fix dining to “hole-in-the-wall” favorites. In addition to helpful hints, Julien and his mother were amazingly accommodating to our travelers schedule with early morning wake-up calls, flexible breakfast times and any logistical storing our suitcases during our overnight trip to the desert and assisting with and/or completely booking tours and bus trips.

We very much enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this Riad with confidence.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant stay. Both Dany and Julien made us very welcome. Julien especially has a great knowledge of the city and carefully recommended us various places to visit including bars, resteraunts and places of special interest. His advice is indispensable on everything from prices to pay to the best way of dealing with a new situation. We stayed in the schezerade suite which is stunning - the bathroom is very nice and the 7ft wide bed a real treat. The entire place is stunning and kept meticulously clean and tidy with real attention to detail paid. Our room was cleaned and tidied daily and our towels refreshed. Both Julien and Danny were very attentive and there to fulfill any needs we had almost before we realised we had them ( cushions and towels for the loungers etc ). Location wise ten minutes walk from Jma el Fna square and two mins from the small square with several resteraunts and the trendy Kosybar. We would recommend to anybody. Not only a stunning and opulent place but the safe wide and quiet street its situated on is stand out compared to some Riads that are accessed from dirtier smaller streets in the medina. First class! Rob and Emily, 30, Sheffield, England

• Stayed February 2013
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A work colleague recommended Riad Khabia after she stayed there a couple of years back. Having seen many on the internet and being unable to make a decision as I was paralysed by the choice I went with this particular Riad. I was not disappointed. All pre-stay correspondence was replied to promptly. They organised the transfer service (15 euros one way) to and from the airport which was fantastic. Julien and Dani were the fantastic staff at the Riad. I appreciated the personal 'orientation' tour in and around the old city - Julien was always more than obliging to answer my many questions about where to shop, how to haggle and generally about Morocco. I haven't really stayed in many hotels but I was more than impressed by how my room was furnished and cleaned daily. Highlights of the room were the air-conditioning and the private terrace at the end of room. I used the plunge pool almost daily to cool down after a day or morning wandering around the medina. The breakfasts were filling and the mint tea on demand was calming and relaxing. I thank and highly recommend Riad Khabia and the owners Dani and Julien.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

So here I sit, in London, four days before my trip to Marrakech, working hard to find a riad which I thought had been reserved and confirmed back in late February.

I booked with Riad Khabia, paid my deposit of just under 40 euros through paypal and received two very nice emails from Julien.

However, that was it.

In the last five days I have tried to contact Riad Khabia through four different email addresses - each emailed three times. I have also tried calling two numbers (the one on the website seems to be disconnected) twenty times, but again to no avail. I was initially emailing to simply confirm our arrival time and airport transfers, but the total lack of recognition let alone reply has lead me to assume my reservation has been cancelled.

This situation is especially unfortunate as the reviews for Riad Khabia are so good and I'm certain we would have had a lovely stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Khabia? Share your experiences!