“Perfection is key” 5 of 5 stars

Houmate Berrima, Derb Chtoka #6, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #92 of 1,047 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Perfection is key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to Morocco for the first time having booked initially 2 nights at the riad and leavin the remaining 4 up in the air. I was picked up at the airport and the convenience of their airport pickup is not only affordable but extremely convenient as it delivers you straight to the riad. It is near impossible to find the riad in your first time without knowing where to go. So I highly recommend the airport transfer through the riad.

We were greeted by Julien and his amazing hospitality was second to none. His knowledge of Marrakech is superb and we felt extremely comfortable at the riad. Julian and Dany made our stay extremely comfortable and welcoming. Their dedication to their guests are 6*- somewhere you would EXPECT 6 star service.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The amenities were perfect, just the right amount for the trip. We spent the remaining nights in marrakech at this riad- brilliant and thanks!!

• Stayed April 2013

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a touch late writing this review, as boyfriend and I stayed at Riad Khabia was just over a year ago. However, my ongoing fond memories of our stay compelled me to post this review.
On the map, this Riad may look a bit off of the beaten path, but it is just a short walk to the Main Square.

The Riad Khabia provides clean, spacious, beautifully decorated rooms. Beyond the pleasant accommodations, I must admit the most treasured perk of this Riad are it’s wonderful owners.

During our stay, Julien made every effort to ensure we had a relaxed, full and seamless trip. Upon arrival, he gave us a quick overview of the area and sights. He provided and edited “must-see” sights list and gave us a personalized tour of parts of the Souk and Main Square. On the way to the square, he provided the best negotiation tip a tourist shopper could hope for, a base line price for common items, such as Tagines, Leather bags etc. He recommended varied restaurants, from high-end prix-fix dining to “hole-in-the-wall” favorites. In addition to helpful hints, Julien and his mother were amazingly accommodating to our travelers schedule with early morning wake-up calls, flexible breakfast times and any logistical storing our suitcases during our overnight trip to the desert and assisting with and/or completely booking tours and bus trips.

We very much enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this Riad with confidence.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant stay. Both Dany and Julien made us very welcome. Julien especially has a great knowledge of the city and carefully recommended us various places to visit including bars, resteraunts and places of special interest. His advice is indispensable on everything from prices to pay to the best way of dealing with a new situation. We stayed in the schezerade suite which is stunning - the bathroom is very nice and the 7ft wide bed a real treat. The entire place is stunning and kept meticulously clean and tidy with real attention to detail paid. Our room was cleaned and tidied daily and our towels refreshed. Both Julien and Danny were very attentive and there to fulfill any needs we had almost before we realised we had them ( cushions and towels for the loungers etc ). Location wise ten minutes walk from Jma el Fna square and two mins from the small square with several resteraunts and the trendy Kosybar. We would recommend to anybody. Not only a stunning and opulent place but the safe wide and quiet street its situated on is stand out compared to some Riads that are accessed from dirtier smaller streets in the medina. First class! Rob and Emily, 30, Sheffield, England

• Stayed February 2013
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A work colleague recommended Riad Khabia after she stayed there a couple of years back. Having seen many on the internet and being unable to make a decision as I was paralysed by the choice I went with this particular Riad. I was not disappointed. All pre-stay correspondence was replied to promptly. They organised the transfer service (15 euros one way) to and from the airport which was fantastic. Julien and Dani were the fantastic staff at the Riad. I appreciated the personal 'orientation' tour in and around the old city - Julien was always more than obliging to answer my many questions about where to shop, how to haggle and generally about Morocco. I haven't really stayed in many hotels but I was more than impressed by how my room was furnished and cleaned daily. Highlights of the room were the air-conditioning and the private terrace at the end of room. I used the plunge pool almost daily to cool down after a day or morning wandering around the medina. The breakfasts were filling and the mint tea on demand was calming and relaxing. I thank and highly recommend Riad Khabia and the owners Dani and Julien.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

So here I sit, in London, four days before my trip to Marrakech, working hard to find a riad which I thought had been reserved and confirmed back in late February.

I booked with Riad Khabia, paid my deposit of just under 40 euros through paypal and received two very nice emails from Julien.

However, that was it.

In the last five days I have tried to contact Riad Khabia through four different email addresses - each emailed three times. I have also tried calling two numbers (the one on the website seems to be disconnected) twenty times, but again to no avail. I was initially emailing to simply confirm our arrival time and airport transfers, but the total lack of recognition let alone reply has lead me to assume my reservation has been cancelled.

This situation is especially unfortunate as the reviews for Riad Khabia are so good and I'm certain we would have had a lovely stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Well, where do I start?

Probably with Julian...he made the stay exceptional. Julian, would, did say that he did nothing special; the truth is, nothing was too much trouble for him.

The start was the guided tour of (not the rhiad) Marrakech. This saved us so much trouble and time as we were immediately orientated. Julian took the trouble to book any bus tickets and check out train times for us. His knowledge is encyclopaedic, and it is a book that is open to all that stay.

Danni, was equally wonderful and great for that early morning chat over breakfast; I loved the pancakes...and endless heavenly mint tea.

The rhiad itself was more than we could have dreamed of; we felt like we were in a little palace. As my wife said, it was not like being in a bed and breakfast, it was like being invited into Danni and Julian's home (which is what it is).

My wife and I have just had the holiday of our lives. Will we return? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our stay at Riad Khabia was fantastic. To start, we had an airport transfer arranged for us which was waiting on our arrival. The Riad was extremely clean and comfortable, including having a plunge pool and air conditioning. The décor was very fresh and has clearly been recently updated. Julien and his mother, the owners, were simply outstanding. Julien took plenty of time to explain Marrakech to us, giving us a detailed map and his recommendations on where we should visit, including restaurants. He even walked us into the city so that we were able to get our bearings and not get lost. His advice on how to cross a road (slowly!) and how to use the local taxis and not overpay was indispensible. He organised our onwards travel too, making the seat reservations for us. The breakfast was local and homemade.

I cannot fault the Riad nor the owners as they made our quick stay in Marrakech simply perfect. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Khabia? Share your experiences!