“My place of calm in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Khabia
Houmate Berrima, Derb Chtoka #6, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #91 of 1,054 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Toowoomba, Australia
“My place of calm in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A work colleague recommended Riad Khabia after she stayed there a couple of years back. Having seen many on the internet and being unable to make a decision as I was paralysed by the choice I went with this particular Riad. I was not disappointed. All pre-stay correspondence was replied to promptly. They organised the transfer service (15 euros one way) to and from the airport which was fantastic. Julien and Dani were the fantastic staff at the Riad. I appreciated the personal 'orientation' tour in and around the old city - Julien was always more than obliging to answer my many questions about where to shop, how to haggle and generally about Morocco. I haven't really stayed in many hotels but I was more than impressed by how my room was furnished and cleaned daily. Highlights of the room were the air-conditioning and the private terrace at the end of room. I used the plunge pool almost daily to cool down after a day or morning wandering around the medina. The breakfasts were filling and the mint tea on demand was calming and relaxing. I thank and highly recommend Riad Khabia and the owners Dani and Julien.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

So here I sit, in London, four days before my trip to Marrakech, working hard to find a riad which I thought had been reserved and confirmed back in late February.

I booked with Riad Khabia, paid my deposit of just under 40 euros through paypal and received two very nice emails from Julien.

However, that was it.

In the last five days I have tried to contact Riad Khabia through four different email addresses - each emailed three times. I have also tried calling two numbers (the one on the website seems to be disconnected) twenty times, but again to no avail. I was initially emailing to simply confirm our arrival time and airport transfers, but the total lack of recognition let alone reply has lead me to assume my reservation has been cancelled.

This situation is especially unfortunate as the reviews for Riad Khabia are so good and I'm certain we would have had a lovely stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Well, where do I start?

Probably with Julian...he made the stay exceptional. Julian, would, did say that he did nothing special; the truth is, nothing was too much trouble for him.

The start was the guided tour of (not the rhiad) Marrakech. This saved us so much trouble and time as we were immediately orientated. Julian took the trouble to book any bus tickets and check out train times for us. His knowledge is encyclopaedic, and it is a book that is open to all that stay.

Danni, was equally wonderful and great for that early morning chat over breakfast; I loved the pancakes...and endless heavenly mint tea.

The rhiad itself was more than we could have dreamed of; we felt like we were in a little palace. As my wife said, it was not like being in a bed and breakfast, it was like being invited into Danni and Julian's home (which is what it is).

My wife and I have just had the holiday of our lives. Will we return? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our stay at Riad Khabia was fantastic. To start, we had an airport transfer arranged for us which was waiting on our arrival. The Riad was extremely clean and comfortable, including having a plunge pool and air conditioning. The décor was very fresh and has clearly been recently updated. Julien and his mother, the owners, were simply outstanding. Julien took plenty of time to explain Marrakech to us, giving us a detailed map and his recommendations on where we should visit, including restaurants. He even walked us into the city so that we were able to get our bearings and not get lost. His advice on how to cross a road (slowly!) and how to use the local taxis and not overpay was indispensible. He organised our onwards travel too, making the seat reservations for us. The breakfast was local and homemade.

I cannot fault the Riad nor the owners as they made our quick stay in Marrakech simply perfect. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This Riad was fantastic,

My boyfriend and I spent a week travelling around Morocco, this was our first stop, from the moment we arrived we were picked up by the shuttle service from the airport and were taken right to the door by the driver. on arrival we were given some amazing home brewed mint tea (which we had a LOT of throughout our stay and it was complimentary) we were then taken through a custom made may by Julien, and then he took us on a very comprehensive walking tour of marrakesh- he had some great tips to get the most out of the experience and see things from a moroccons perspective- such as where to eat a delicious tagine for £2! and where to go and when to avoid crowds.

The room we had was more like a suite! our room was beautiful and decorated in traditional moroccon colours, we had an open stone shower and a seperate balcony room looking over the courtyard and pool. considering the price it was one of the best places we had stayed in and we have travelled alot.

We were given incredible recommendations and we took them up on all of them and they did not dissapoint, we felt like we knew marrakesh like the back of our hand once we left!

The Breakfasts we got were incredible! my favourites were Juliens mums homemade pancakes with strawberries!

Julien booked our travel onto Essauria and recommended villages to go to in the mountains to stay with berbers it was all very reasonably priced and he strictly makes no comission so all the recommendations we recieved were genuine.

we stayed initailly for a day and a night and enjoyed it so much we booked to stay on our return to the airport.

on our return it was like seeing old friends, we spent an evening with Julien and he got us some wine that we had tried in Agadir we then went to a restaurant which he recommended as a final treat it was absolutely amazing!

The liitle touches were far beyond what I had expected and the surroundings were perfect to compliment the hectic city of Marrakesh.

we will definately be going back and I would recommend this Riad very highly to anyone!

Room Tip: All rooms were fantastic