“Excellent alternative to conference hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Khabia
Houmate Berrima, Derb Chtoka #6, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #121 of 1,071 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“Excellent alternative to conference hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I chose the Riad Khabia as an alternative to one of the larger conference hotels on the outskirts of town. This I can only recommend: While a lot of my colleagues only got to see the conference centre and the hotel complex outside town, I got to experience the "real" Marrakech with great help from Dany and Julien.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

Riad khabia is in a great location, has a beautiful atmosphere, and is perfectly clean. However, the best part about this riad is the exceptional service. Dany and Julien go above and beyond every day to ensure your stay is perfect. We could not have been happier with our choice of road khabia.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

The Riad Khabia is by far one of the (if not the) most beautiful places I have ever stayed - a true sanctuary in the midst of the bustling city. From the moment I stepped inside I knew I had booked the best decision. The Riad is amazingly gorgeous and I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s certainly not what you expect to be behind those doors: an open air courtyard, pool, roof with a view, authentic accents throughout…and the room – believe me when I say I didn’t even want to go out! Large, clean and beautifully Moroccan-inspired, I still miss it every day.

And without Julien and Dany I don’t know what we would have done. They are the most hospitable and gracias hosts and I couldn’t/can’t thank them enough for taking the time (again and again) to chat with us about customs, culture and everything else that was so foreign us. The orientation that Julien gives (an overview, walk to the square, etc) is necessary and we would have been so lost without him.

Lest I mention that Dany makes a delicious breakfast every morning – such a treat. Not only is she a great person, but cook as well :)

This will always be the place I stay (and recommend to everyone, always) in Marrakech. The Riad Khabia is a true gem and by not staying there you’re doing yourself a huge disservice!

Room Tip: The Scheherazastayed Suite is gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I chose this riad for the first five days of my honeymoon after reading the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. All are accurate - I have already recommended this hotel to two friends!

Our room was the best Moroccan-style we stayed in on our three week trip (which included an 11 day tour, so we stayed in about half a dozen), being both authentic in decor, roomy, cool and finished to a high standard. There was also a gorgeous city view from the terrace where we enjoyed breakfast every morning. Breakfast, again, was one of the best we experienced - some were quite bread-heavy, where as Dany prepared us fruit, yoghurt and either bread or pancakes every morning, with freshly squeezed juice and jam.

Dany and Julian are excellent hosts, the orientation tour on the first night was JUST what my husband and I needed to give us the confidence to explore on our own (previously we've only visited western destinations, i.e. Australia, European cities etc). The service also included tips on what to pay when haggling in the souks, advice on local sights (such as the best times of day to visit) and plenty of delicious mint tea.

All my expectations were exceeded!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

this place is a beautiful haven in the middle of a manic city. Once you step inside it is so relaxing and everything is made very easy for you.

Mint tea on arrival and a quick talk around the map are followed by an orientation tour on Marrakech with tips on the prices you should pay, restaurants to visit and top sites.

Julien really could not do enough to help us.

Breakfast on the terrace looking over at the storks was a delight.

Our room was small but delightful and it's little terrace was wonderful

We hoep to return in the future

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Starting with a welcoming introductory medina tour on the map, with pointing out places of certain interest, before guiding us through streets and squares to Jemaa el Fna, the medina hub, Julien gave us the confidence needed to fully enjoy our stay in Marrakech. The riad was tastefully furnished, tidy and clean in every detail, and the breakfasts, delicious as well as varied from day to day, served on the roof terrace, gave us a most enjoyable start on every day of our stay at Riad Khabia.
Sissel and Johan

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Both Julien and Dany were kind and respectful. The food Dany prepared was wholesome and excellent to eat. Julien was always there to provide information and service. Overall my son and me had a perfect vacation at this riad.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Riad Khabia? Share your experiences!