“When I say it is a hidden gem - I mean it!” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Tibibt
Derb Lalla Azzouna 39 | Medersa Ben Youssef, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #359 of 1,149 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Victoria
“When I say it is a hidden gem - I mean it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

As my sister and I explored the bustling, little, winding alleyways of Marrakech we were quite tired by the time we arrived at the little door that opened to the Riad. You will not expect what you see behind that little brown door. A gorgeous getaway, full of colour, vibrance and Thierry (the owner's) prized orange tree. From the tiny, charismatic Tibibts, down to the lovely rooms, the entire experience that my sister and I shared in Riad Tibibt was absolutely wonderful. Thierry was awfully kind and helped us out so much, Hassan was lovely and friendly, always asking us how we were, and the chef and Fatima were both lovely too. It was brilliant to wake up to such service and to eat breakfast on the rooftop where the sun shone in our faces. Breakfast is a MUST at the hotel, and the one time we dined in and had dinner, my sister proclaimed that the chicken tagine was the best chicken she had ever consumed. The rooms are absolutely magnificent, words cannot describe the lush colours and comfort, I felt like a princess. The Riad was not busy at all either and you can have your own privacy, unlike in large hotels. Waking up to the sounds of the chanting emitted from the mosque and the chirping of the Tibibts was a bonus. You'd be out of your mind to say no to Riad Tibibt and to miss out on such an opportunity.

• Stayed February 2011

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

My sister and I have just returned from a wonderful trip to Marrakech - with a lot of thanks going to Thierry and Hassan (the owners of Riad Tibibt).

This is a wonderful Riad tucked away in the heart of the Medina...If you want a place to feel like home then look no further (trust me...a place like home is exactly what you crave for after a jam-packed and action filled day in Marrakech).

The riad is tastefully decorated and has a lot of character. The beds are comfortable and each of the rooms are decorated in unique, authentic and 'Moroccan' ways. The breakfast is simple yet delicious and is served on good days upstairs on a gorgeous sun-filled terrace. We had dinner one night and it was simply yum yum yum!

The owners, Thierry and Hassan go above and beyond what normal hotels would do when it comes to keeping their guests happy. It is a mix of service, care and friendship which makes them stand out from the rest. Thierry gave us great advice about what to do during our 4 night visit to Morocco, making sure that we were comfortable and well entertained the entire time. We went shopping, took a trip to Ourika valley, spent a few hours relaxing at a hammam and even went to a very classy restaurant - all tips given to us by Thierry.

Thierry also arranged a taxi service to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. The riad is nearly impossible to find on your first day so having a pre-organised guide is definitely worth it.

All in all, my sister and I give 4 thumbs up for this wonderful Riad. If you are reading this comment then look no further - you have found the place you have been looking for.

To Thierry and Hasan - "Merci and see you next time"

• Stayed February 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed in Riad Tibibt for two nights at the beginning of February 2011. The owners, Thierry and Hassan were both very helpful to us from the moment we made our reservation, in particular helping us with arrival details and the location of the riad (we were arriving following an excursion out of the city).

The riad is beautifully decorated and is a relaxing retreat from the buzz of the medina streets. Although Thierry and Hassan were not there on the first night of our stay, the other member of staff was extremely helpful to us and even showed us the best route into the main square the following day.

We had a lovely dinner at the riad followed by breakfast on the sun soaked terrace the next morning (incidentially we stayed at two riads whilst in Marrakech and Tibibt had the better breakfast by far). Thierry and Hassan were very welcoming to us and were keen to ensure that we were well taken care of.

We will definately be coming back to this riad on our return to Marrakech. Go and see it for yourself!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a lovely stay at Riad Tibibt back in December 2009. I am sorry it took so long to write this review, it is absolutely well deserved,
This wonderful Riad is hidden in the heart of the old town and very well kept.
The rooms are splendid and they all spotless clean - an amazing good value for money, even the smaller room is huge!...and we did fall in love with the maroccan bathroom!
What a lovely breakfast we had on the terrace together with some of the cutes little tibibts I have ever seen!
Thank you Fatima for making our stay even more special, with your kindess and your polite smile.
Au revoir!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Heraklion, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

is not like home ,i think is better....the 2 guys there was really fantastics!!!!
nice atmosfere nice quality nice hospitality of course i will go there again and again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Riad Tibibt is the kind of place you would like to keep as your own secret, you know not tell even your closest friends so that you could visit Marrakesh whenever you wanted and know that you didn’t have to look for a place to stay but could just return to your own private place. I’ve traveled extensively, and always hear, “feel as if it’s your own home” but this is the first time that I actually felt it was my own home, which is strange since outside the riad you are thrown completely back into the 1700s. I haven’t found many people like Thierry and Hassan so incredibly easy and enjoyable to be around and I am thinking maybe that’s why our stay was so amazing. But then there is also the rooms and the amazing food (best we had in the entire country by far). My suggestion is if you are looking for a place in Marrakesh, send Thierry an email and see what comes back. I knew immediately that this is where I wanted to stay and so I asked him to help us travel deeper into the country without any tourist feel and he put together an amazing trip….but that is another story.

I will be returning to my home in Marrakesh whenever the need shall arise and look forward to spending time with my new friends there. And while I’d really like to sit on this jewel, it would be selfish and so I share with you this really great place run by really great people. No, really really great people.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Recently returned from a fantastic winter break at Riad Tibibt. The Riad is located conveniently in the heart of the Medina. The contrast between the hustle of the alleys and the tranquility of the Riad is striking. The owners Thierry and Hassan are perfect hosts. They make you feel relaxed and at home the minute you walk in through the door. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple