“From Magic to nightmare” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Alida

Save Saved
You added Riad Alida to your Saves list
Riad Alida
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   7 , Rue Dar El Bacha - Sidi Ali Tair, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #535 of 1,053 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“From Magic to nightmare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

We have just returned from a night at Riad Alida in Marrakesh. The First visit to the Riad, three month ago, was enchanting and out of this world. We have never experienced such an incredible ambiance before. It was so magical that I couldn’t stop taking pictures of the place. In fact I added some to my blog.

On this trip, I asked my spouse to book us the same room at the Riad for our first and last night in Marrakesh since we were going to be traveling around the rest of the time. We couldn't wait to get back to the Riad and the magical effect it left on us.
My spouse confirmed the reservation the previous day, but upon her arrival, about four thirty in the afternoon, she discovered that the room was not ready, although she was given the key. After complaining, they promised to get the room ready while she was picking me up from the airport. When we returned the room was ready. We enjoyed the evening. The following morning, their breakfast selection was not up to par with our first visit.

The biggest problem occurred on the last night. We arrived about four-thirty in the afternoon; again the room was not ready. We were asked to wait in the lobby. We were made to feel comfortable while they set up the room. We ordered dinner for two to be served at 8:30 in the evening, and we asked to have it served on the patio. The dinner was served but in the dining room. They didn’t get the patio ready. After dinner we went to our room. Within few minutes I was on my knees in the bathroom vomiting, followed by a severe case of diarrhea. Next it was my spouse’s turn with the same symptoms. The following day my spouse talked to the manager about our nightmare, only a hollowed apology was made. That’s it.
Overall I would say this Riad has lots of potential, but they must get their act in gear. They have to be more organized and follow food safety procedures.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — size
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Riad Alida? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riad Alida

Address: 7 , Rue Dar El Bacha - Sidi Ali Tair, Marrakech 40008, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Marrakech
Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #535 of 1,053 B&Bs / Inns in Marrakech
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Riad Alida 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Riad Alida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Riad Alida, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;