“We Liked it !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Tamaris
“We Liked it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We had just came back from Marrakech. My wife and I spent two nights in Dar Zahia. Our room was cosy and spacious. It was Samia room in the 2nd floor. Breakfast was great and dinner really good. We enjoyed our stay in the riad located in the best area of the medina.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We spent two nights at this charming riad at the beginning of our trip to Marocco.The staff was
welcoming,friendly and helpful. Located a short walk from the famous place, Jama el fna,the riad is nicely decorated. We loved the food ,especially chicken tagine.Our room was comfortable. and clean.We really enjoyed this stay in the medina and we recommend it to everyone.
M. Stan.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

It was lovely place we find that riad on the net . We were surprised by the traditinal and the staff. We recommand to have a diner in the riad.

• Stayed January 2012
Johhanesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

we stayed three nights in this riad in december 2011.It was very nice. Riad zahia was recommended us by a friend who came in september at marrakech.we were not desapointed,very good service,good food,not expensive. our room was spacious and clean.
We had a good time in this place.
SARAH

Room Tip: samia room
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed 2nights at this hotel.This hotel is Riad.I have stayed at Riad the first time.The owner and staffs were very kind and friendly.
But the room was not good.The towels were very old like dustclothes and the bath was clogged.
The room was made for summer,so it was very cold for me.
And no keys at the doors,so I couldn't locked my room.Sometimes the owner came into my room without asking.
In the morning of the 3rd day,I was eating for breakfast.I saw some suspicious persons went up the stairs(my room was at the second floor,this hotel has only 3rooms for guests).
I came back after the breakfast,I couldn't see my iphone any more! The owner said ,'Nobody came into your room,and maybe the iphone should be in your baggage.'But I went to the bath room,I found the cigarettes butt in toilet. We are non smokers.I could not find in our baggage.
And only cash was accepted at the payments,nevertheless I had heard that the payment by credit card can be used.
I never,ever want to have this experience again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Paolo M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Riad Dar Zahia, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello Mr. Syushi.
I'm Paolo the new Customer Care responsible for Riad Dar Zahia.
We, our Company, will take commercial management of the hotel from next 15th december.
Although we are not involved with your "old" experience occurred, we would like to inform you that if you will have desire and chanche to come back to Marrakech, we will be very happy to offer you an exceptional proposal for a stay with us, for you and a person with you.
If you want to get this opportunity, please refer to me directly at our e mail address.
We apologise for the inconvinient you had due to the bad management of the past.
Those days have definitively changed.
Wishing to have you again in Dar Zahia, I send you my sincere greetings,
Paolo
Salisbury UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This small accommodation has plenty of promise, but is ultimately spoilt by a lack of good and experienced staff and a series of small faults. The room was a good size and well furnished, but some of the lights didn't work, the sheet had a hole, the toilet seat was missing a rubber stopper and wobbled etc etc etc. The staff who were in charge during our stay were friendly, but too young, not well enough trained and again missed the small things, like not changing the glasses in the room each day. The same dirty glass was there for the four days we stayed.
On our final night we asked for an early breakfast, 7:30, the next morning as we had a train to catch. It didn't happen. The next morning we let ourseleves out at 8, and no-one was up .
It is in a great location, and could be so much better if teh little tings got fixed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Paolo M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Riad Dar Zahia, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello Mr.
I'm Paolo the new Customer Care responsible for Riad Dar Zahia.
Those days have definitively changed.
Wishing to have you again in Dar Zahia, I send you my sincere greetings,
Paolo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

An unique stay . We decided at last instant to give ourselves a reckless adventure in lover in Marrakech. We wanted to test concept Riad in medina. Among all proposals, we succeeded in hunting out this genuine and warm-hearted Riad. Our room was ample with a living room chimney. We recommend you traditional dinner in Riad.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Dar Zahia? Share your experiences!