I write this review still as a guest at this hotel. We arrived from our stay at Essaouira on rather cold and rainy day in Marrakech so we were looking forward to getting to the hotel and unwinding.
After walking for almost 10 minutes navigating the labyrinth of motorcycles, carts, bicycles we finally arrived at our riad.
Our first reaction was mixed as our host Bouchra seemed a little unwelcoming. After the customary mint tea we were shown our room. I was looking forward to seeing the room as I was impressed with a framed article from Vogue with an editorial featuring the Riad.
Room - we had a room on the ground floor which which opened out onto the courtyard. The room is long and narrow. The doorway is very low so we had to constantly remember to keep our heads bent to avoid getting a head injury. Lights in the toilet did not turn on. The bed linens looked like they had seen a great deal of use and needed to be thrown away. The hot water from the shower stayed hot for a few minutes and gradually got colder. The courtyard had birds nesting in a tree so we went to bed and woke up with the sound of birds which became annoying.
Breakfast is basic. Coffee, breads and jams. The food at the hotel is expensive compared to other restaurants in the main square.
Location - the riad is located within about 8 mins walk from the main square. We were provided with a helpful map to direct us to the square.
The only redeeming part of this hotel is the roof terrace with views of the atlas mountain and Marrakech.
I will definitely avoid this hotel if ever I'm in Marrakech again
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Eliane Hotel
- Riad Dar Eliane Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Eliane Marrakech
- Dar Eliane Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riad has been lovingly restored over many years by its English owner and offers sumptuous accommodation over two floors each of the spacious five double bedrooms has reversible air conditioning with en-suite bathrooms and their chic but authentic styles are to be savoured. The inner courtyard is surrounded by tall elegant arches, refreshed by two flowing fountains and only the whisper of water and the song of the birds will come to disturb your tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Riad Dar Eliane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.