Arriving late at night and wandering down the narrow streets after our cases and the man with the wheelbarrow, we perhaps chose to reserve our judgement but once in the Riad like many other guests, we breathe a sigh of relief.
The Riad is in the heart of the medina. It took us a while to work out our route back (the first journey took 1.5 hrs instead of 10 minutes and resulted in mild souk rage (!)) but once you know where you're going, it's a pleasant 10 minute walk from the Riad to the Jemaa. You will become the souk sellers' best friend en route as they start to recognise you on your daily commute.
The rooms are very nicely decorated. We had one of the rooms on the first floor. Staff were always very accommodating asking if we wanted breakfast in the courtyard or on the roof. Breakfast was excellent.
We had dinner there our first night too in view of our late arrival.
The Riad represents good value for money. I would definitely stay again if we chose to go back to Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riad has been lovingly restored over many years by its English owner and offers sumptuous accommodation over two floors each of the spacious five double bedrooms has reversible air conditioning with en-suite bathrooms and their chic but authentic styles are to be savoured. The inner courtyard is surrounded by tall elegant arches, refreshed by two flowing fountains and only the whisper of water and the song of the birds will come to disturb your tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Dar Eliane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Eliane Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Eliane Marrakech
- Dar Eliane Hotel Marrakech