“Wild camels couldn't drag me back !” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 14 Nightlife in Marrakech
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wild camels couldn't drag me back !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

For some reason Nikki beach-Marrakech-has 2 sites on trip advisor ..not sure why..but my review on their other site still stands...however I'll leave another review on here ! The place leaves you feeling ripped off, p***** off, and gutted that I wasted a day in what could be paradise. It's pretty shameful that they couldn't provide a coffee due to not having any milk at 2pm, served us undercooked chicken, ran out of "normal' bottles of sparkling rose wine ( only the big expensive one's left funnily enough ! ) , charged me X3 times the normal amount for a pack of Malborough lights ( ok-the miserable waiter did open the pack for me thanks! )..all whilst listening to some amazing tunes totally spoilt by Mr bongo drum man incessantly beating away behind the DJ booth completely out of time. It was like a car crash ! The funniest/most embarrassing bit was watching one of the over the hill, muscle boy waiters shrieking and whistling as loud as poss every time he gave Miss fake boobs and her mate a free shot...every 15 minutes. Annoying? Deffo !. All this whilst some fat , creepy bloke in a fake Ralph Lauren t-shirt lurked around with a biggger than yours zoom lens camera taking photo's of -yes you've guessed it-big boobs and her mate !. If you've ever thought of going to Nikki beach Marrakech then think twice..trust me..it's Benidorm, North African style, just more expensive, ruder and without kiss me quick hats !

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
79 attraction reviews
“An afternoon relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just what we needed after a morning in the souks!

We were greeted at the door and introduced to the bar staff before being shown to loungers. The bar staff were kind enough to notice I wanted to be in the shade and cleverly adjusted the parasols so this was possible. They even came back over with a magazine for us before taking our drinks order.

The weather was glorious and the pool area is an aesthetic delight. The atmosphere was relaxed but upbeat and we couldn't believe how fast time was passing. Before we knew it we had been lounging for 2 hours!

The manager of Nikki Beach came and introduced himself to us - which was a very nice touch.

The bar staff were attentive without being overbearing. When I wandered over to the bar to have a look at the huge bottles of vodka my fiance had told me about they were mortified, assuming that I had been neglected, and rushed to make sure I had a drink. I'm not sure why the bar staff would receive negative feedback when in my experience they were so friendly and helpful.

Lee, United Kingdom
“Fabulous day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Beautiful setting, great music, a very friendly atmosphere. We went for a friends 30th and there was also a party there for somebodies 40th, we all ended up celebrating, drinking and dancing together.

The staff were on hand to fill drinks, clear empties and generally keep thinsg ain order constantly!

Fabulous day out!

Southampton UK
“Overpriced, Extremely Average and needs a good clean!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am writing this review from the pool side at Holiday Inn Resort where we are staying - next door to the Nikki Beach Marrakech...

I have used many up-market beach resorts in the past and have a background in the high end travel industry, and I have written for quite a few travel publications in the past so I know what I'm talking about...!

When you go to a Nikki Beach resort (as i have done on several occasions) you know that prices will be high for beds, drinks and food, however that's fine - as a Nikki Beach customer you don't mind inflated prices for the high quality, first class service and top notch surroundings you will experience... right...? No, completely wrong...! As you walk into nikki beach marrakech you cross a pond, which looks as if it hasnt been cleaned out for years - the water is bright green with algae and the poor lowly turtle in it looked as if it was struggling to swim through the grime.

The pool side was dirty - many of the pool side fittings had rusted, causing marks on the tiles which make it look in need of a re-fit. The bottoms of the wooden sunbed legs have rotted on most of them, the towels had holes in them and the pool bottom was dirty. Many of the white sunbeds and cabanas had stains on them.

Given the fact that there were more than 15 staff in the bars and pool side, surely it would make business sense for one or two of them to be assigned to cleaning duties!!

As a customer - whether you're after a day time pool party, a chill out with mates or a high end meal, you dont mind paying over the odds for a fashionable, trendy and high end venue. My advice is look elsewhere.....!

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Not the luxury I was expecting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

At nearly £30 admission for a bed, I was expecting pure luxury, the beds were comfortable & pool was very nice, but...
The toilets / changing rooms had no soap or toilet roll, when I asked if there were other toilets (the proper ones) there was only 2, again, only a bit of soap left in the dispenser & no hand towels, I asked for some, & the response I got was a roll of loo paper to dry my hands!!! These are basics in life!!!
I knew the drinks were going to be expensive, but getting one was fairly difficult! the waiters were not very attentive & were easily distracted by other things going on, or probably the 'BIG Spenders' so they could get a big tip!
The towels on the beds looked like they had been well used & started to smell a bit when you had been in & out of the pool a few times!
The only ok thing really was the food & the company of my lovely friends, I always wanted to try Nikki beach somewhere in the world, and after seeing Marrakech one on SATC!! I would probably advise going to one of the other pool / spa's in Marrakech rather than waste your money here, I wanted to have a good dance round the pool, but the dj was sub standard & it is no Pacha (Ibiza) for quality of music, There are so many fabulous places in Marrakech but this is not really one of them, I guess I am glad I have visited to see what it is all about, but wont be going to a Nikki Beach again on my travels, as it is just old rich men, or people who love them selves more than life & not really the fun times & laughs I had in the rest of my stay in Marrakech, the waiters, who probably get paid peanuts asked for a tip, which I thought was rude, if service charge is required it should be detailed, especially at nearly £10 a beer (Corona only)
Don't be mislead by the Nikki Beach brand, as if that is luxury, I will go back to staying in backpackers!!

Visited June 2012