“Lovely staff, nice rooms, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Atlas
50 Rue Sidi Bouloukate Riad Zitoun lakdim, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #298 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, nice rooms, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were drawn to Hotel Atlas by its proximity to Jemaa al Fna - literally a 30 second walk from the front door. Considering what we paid, the room was excellent; basic, but pleasant, clean and comfy. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful, advising us on bus routes to other towns, trips to the Atlas Mountains and putting us in touch with good guides. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the breakfast - there are plenty of places to get a tastier, cheaper breakfast around the square.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The review it's for the hotel, not what I would have wanted from it.

The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean too (but after the cleaning lady leaves that it's for debate because of the customers who don't take to much care), but the walls are a little rough arround the edges.
You should not forget to bring some sleepers so you can take a bath and use them in the room, becouse there are no carpets anywhere.

The rooms are oh so small, I was lucky to stay in a 4 bed room and it was larger than most, but the ones with the double only had a bed and a sink...no other space available for anything.
The beds are good, you can sleep ok in them, I had worst at a 4* hotel and the bed sheets are clean and in good condition.

I loved the top floor, you have tables and stay up late, I was in room 20. You should ask for a room there, especialy if you are with friends, you have where to play a game or just stay and talk.

It's verry well placed, you have less than 1 minute walk to Jemaa el fna.
The internet it's ok only in the lobby, afther that it's not so good, but for an email you can work with it.

For the price you pay it's a verry good hotel.

Room Tip: ask a room at the top floor (2) so you can enjoy the terras and take care to ask with the window ins...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Bideford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Booked online through a booking agency, was worried about being able to find the hotel, but had no problem at all, just follow the instructions on the hotel's website, don't use Google maps, or follow the Rue Zitoum Lakdim. The reception staff and cleaners couldn't have been more helpful. The whole hotel was clean, and although we only stayed for three nights our sheets and towels were changed. A two minute walk will take you into Djemma el Fna. Next time we're in Marrakech we'll have no hesitation in booking into the Atlas again, but will book direct next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Booked this hotel online so I had a place to stay on arrival.

Rooms were good. Cleaning staff were polite and worked hard to keep the hotel clean.

Reception staff were helpful and friendly and genuinely cared that I enjoyed my stay and booked me a taxi when I moved on.

Great location on the square.

I'd definitely stay here again.

If getting a taxi here from the airport beware, the drivers will take you to the Hotel Atlas Medina which is a different hotel and then charge you again to get you here. Make it crystal clear and show them the address on your booking sheet

• Stayed April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited Hotel Atlas between 10th and 17th April 2014 with our 8 year old son, we can definitely recommend this hotel, the staff are very welcoming and really tried to go out of their way to help, particularly Abdullah and Zahra and our son was treated really well and he loved it there. Really close to the main square and other attractions and restaurants. Only negative point would be difficult to find as the hotel is not directly accessible by road, the taxi drops you off about 5 minutes walk away, but locals are very friendly and immediately offered assistance. No soap at the hotel, but we knew that so took our own. Breakfast was excellent and we didn't feel hungry until the evening. We would definitely book at this Hotel again.

Stayed April 2014
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

And service isnt that important to me I guess.
Some would wonder why I even stayed here, considering I emailed the place twice to try and reserve and got no response. Then when I got to marrakech, I tried to find it using google map and asking around, to no avail. I guess I felt challenged, because I got the receptionist at another hotel to call the hotel to ask for directions. The guy on the other line stated he was going to stand in the square (djemaa el fna--10 steps away from the hotel) and look for me. He was not there when I got there. I started walking and found it myself.

I was very happy with my room, which was a double room on the first or second floor in the new section of the hotel-with bathroom en suite. The bed was comfortable, it was quiet and clean. The shower did not spray well, but was fine. One of the hosts is not very hospitable. Polite, but not helpful or welcoming. Moreover, I stayed 5 days and did not get much of a discount and when on the fifth day I was joined by a friend, they charged me extra. I asked that they not change the sheets or towels while I was there, just to not be wasteful and they took that as a signal to not come and clean at all while I was there. So even more reason they should have been a little flexible with the price.

The location is great, it is clean and comfortable. Even the cheaper rooms with the shared bathroom arent so bad. The breakfast is extra and not worth it-in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Shaky wifi, no soap, toilet paper rare, permanently damp/moist rooms in January. But rooms were clean, shower often hot. Our door could be locked, but keys were occasionally left unguarded 1 meter from the hotel's entrance. A bit difficult to find: One of our sleeping bags was stolen in the 20 minutes it took to find the hotel. But staff were very pleasant, and they recommended us a tour to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Hilali Tours for 950 MAD ($110) per person, a trip that became the highlight of our tour in Morocco.

Room Tip: Check wifi reception when checking into room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple