“Great location, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atlas

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Atlas to your Saves list
Hotel Atlas
50 Rue Sidi Bouloukate Riad Zitoun lakdim | Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #252 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Great location, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel online so I had a place to stay on arrival.

Rooms were good. Cleaning staff were polite and worked hard to keep the hotel clean.

Reception staff were helpful and friendly and genuinely cared that I enjoyed my stay and booked me a taxi when I moved on.

Great location on the square.

I'd definitely stay here again.

If getting a taxi here from the airport beware, the drivers will take you to the Hotel Atlas Medina which is a different hotel and then charge you again to get you here. Make it crystal clear and show them the address on your booking sheet

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited Hotel Atlas between 10th and 17th April 2014 with our 8 year old son, we can definitely recommend this hotel, the staff are very welcoming and really tried to go out of their way to help, particularly Abdullah and Zahra and our son was treated really well and he loved it there. Really close to the main square and other attractions and restaurants. Only negative point would be difficult to find as the hotel is not directly accessible by road, the taxi drops you off about 5 minutes walk away, but locals are very friendly and immediately offered assistance. No soap at the hotel, but we knew that so took our own. Breakfast was excellent and we didn't feel hungry until the evening. We would definitely book at this Hotel again.

Stayed April 2014
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

And service isnt that important to me I guess.
Some would wonder why I even stayed here, considering I emailed the place twice to try and reserve and got no response. Then when I got to marrakech, I tried to find it using google map and asking around, to no avail. I guess I felt challenged, because I got the receptionist at another hotel to call the hotel to ask for directions. The guy on the other line stated he was going to stand in the square (djemaa el fna--10 steps away from the hotel) and look for me. He was not there when I got there. I started walking and found it myself.

I was very happy with my room, which was a double room on the first or second floor in the new section of the hotel-with bathroom en suite. The bed was comfortable, it was quiet and clean. The shower did not spray well, but was fine. One of the hosts is not very hospitable. Polite, but not helpful or welcoming. Moreover, I stayed 5 days and did not get much of a discount and when on the fifth day I was joined by a friend, they charged me extra. I asked that they not change the sheets or towels while I was there, just to not be wasteful and they took that as a signal to not come and clean at all while I was there. So even more reason they should have been a little flexible with the price.

The location is great, it is clean and comfortable. Even the cheaper rooms with the shared bathroom arent so bad. The breakfast is extra and not worth it-in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Shaky wifi, no soap, toilet paper rare, permanently damp/moist rooms in January. But rooms were clean, shower often hot. Our door could be locked, but keys were occasionally left unguarded 1 meter from the hotel's entrance. A bit difficult to find: One of our sleeping bags was stolen in the 20 minutes it took to find the hotel. But staff were very pleasant, and they recommended us a tour to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Hilali Tours for 950 MAD ($110) per person, a trip that became the highlight of our tour in Morocco.

Room Tip: Check wifi reception when checking into room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Located a 60 second walk from Jemaa el Fna, we found the Hotel Atlas perfectly situated for exploring straight into the heart of the medina and souks, and for the hustle and excitement of the night market. The rooms are compact but clean and comfortably furnished. As is generally the case in Marrakech they are located around a pleasant central courtyard that serves as a place to relax and enjoy a cool moment away from the sun.

We opted to stay in the basic double room without en suite, however the hotel offers a range of rooms including air conditioning, televisions and bathrooms. The standard room included a sink with cold water and was well kept by daily housekeeping. Communal showering facilities were basic but clean with one shared toilet and a shower on each floor. Rooms on the ground floor suffer slightly from the noise of guests coming and going into the evening - the staff volunteered a change of room to a quieter location after our first night.

Hotel Atlas has two levels of sun terrace for those so inclined, with basic refreshments on sale from reception. You can hear the sounds from the market drifting across while on the terraces but these don't intrude inside. Our hosts were welcoming and friendly and we would certainly visit again, indeed some of the guests we met were already on their second visit.

Consider using a taxi to find the hotel as streets in the central medina are not well sign posted. Alternatively look for the white painted archway to the right of Cafe Glacier and follow the alley. We booked in advance but many other visitors appeared to be requesting rooms as walk-ups.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back or higher up to avoid noisy evenings.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here a couple of months ago and it was great. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the staff are really friendly and helpful, and you can't get a better location for 'The Square'. Liked it so much I stayed there again on my way home. It's a little expensive for what it is, but the location and staff make up for that!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

+ At a central point
+ helpful, friendly staff

- small, dark and sometimes stinky and wet rooms

All together it's okay for 1 or 2 nights but nothing special. The breakfast is ok, coffee, bread, jam, egg and juice for 25 dh.
You can reach almost everything from there by feet.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Atlas? Share your experiences!