“Marrakech in August” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Teruel, Spain
“Marrakech in August”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Marrakech is defenitely a place that is worth visiting. However, if you visit it during the summer you have to acknowledge that it will be very hot (in our case, above 50 degrees). In those conditions is recommended to be as much comfortable as you can. We were in Riad Ilayka and our experience was more than excellent. It was like being in one thousand and one night story. Rooms are spacious, extremely clean and beautiful. The facilities are also excellent. One thing that deserves particular attention is the breakfast, which is abundant and delicious. However, more important than the Riad itself is its team. I travel a lot and I have never found a team like this. Hanan is an outstanding manager and she offers you all the details and advices you need to make your life easier in Marrakech. Mohamed and Hassan are two extraordinary complements to Hanan. Any doubt or request you have is immediately solved by them. In sum, to us Riad Ilayka is a highly recommend option to be in Marrakech.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Riad Ilayka for 2 days. What an amazing experience!
The rooms and grounds are gorgeous, with so much attention to detail. The breakfast was delicious. The location could not be better. The plunge pool on the roof terrace was refreshing after a long day in the hot Souks! But the best of all was the excellent service provided by Nadia and her staff. Thank you for having us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NADIA J, Responsable relations publiques at Riad Ilayka, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Henriquez,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our property.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all of your kind words! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

warmest regards

hanan
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

What a fabulous place, hidden in the heart of the old town. Our host Anna was extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms were fantastic and Mohammed was a brilliant waiter along with the mouthwatering food. Enjoy the amazing view from the roof terrace, it will take your breath away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
NADIA J, Responsable relations publiques at Riad Ilayka, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to write to us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments,
Simo and I thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit to Marrakech will be at Riad ILAYKA
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have just spent 5 days at the Riad Ilayka which is a stunning oasis at the end of old alleyways in the heart of the medina. Nadia, the owner, has created a stunning, elegant riad with beautifully decorated rooms using the traditional style of Morocco but with the modern touches demanded by international travellers today. The riad is enhanced by all the charming and attentive staff who cannot do enough for you including serving delicious breakfasts and dinners on the terrace or cooling drinks in the courtyard when you step back into the quiet peace of the riad after a busy, hot day shopping in the fascinating souks a few minutes walk away. The location is perfect with a choice of beautifully decorated bedrooms and the patio with its central marble fountain scattered with fresh roses is just one of many delightful areas to choose from to relax in. It was very hot during my stay and so it was wonderful to spend time in the cool, tiled plunge pool and surrounding terrace filled with flowers and small trees. I joined my sister and brother in law who stayed here for a week in the middle of a European tour and we all agreed we did not wish to leave! I certainly hope to return before too long...............! Dianne Shand

Room Tip: I stayed in Figuig which is on the first floor and I think these rooms are probably more quiet than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dianne,

Thank you very much for your kind compliment to Riad ILAYKA I really appreciate it and it will be an added value to improve our services and satisfy totally all your expectations.

Hanane
Warracknabeal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Serene and elegant - full of surprises - this beautifully renovated 19th C courtyard building, its fantastic rooms, its food and especially the delightful people who staff this Raid. I loved their kindness, their being Maroccan, their pride in their professional duties in the Riad, their care in making sure I could make my way to destinations and back, and their tolerance for my French, knowing they could also speak English when I needed, and Arabic, which was lyrical to listen to, even when I didn't understand.

While people seem to think of Marrakech as a destination for shopping in the busy souks, I would suggest that Riad Ilayka should also be thought of as a destination in itself - for a time of slowing down and relaxing in the facilities it has within its four intriguing floors.

My ten day stay here, based on a World Congress, the WEEC2013, was the most cared for experience I have ever had. I would have been so content to have been able to rest here longer. Rest? Yes, once inside the cool lobby, despite the business of the souks being within a five-minute walk, Riad Ilayka was a world apart.

I woke each morning to the gentle twittering of the birds who live in the Riad. They could be heard in the day too, complemented by relaxing music in many styles and the trickle of the fountain. The courtyard itself uplifted my spirits with its trees, flowers, fountain, and the rich wood doors and windows set against the white walls of the buildings.

Returning to the Riad each afternoon, there was a refreshing a mint tea or fruit juice. The Jacuzzi on the rooftop terrace was a soft pleasant temperature to relax in after a couple of hours on my feet. Dining was provided in several open-air exquisite settings from the courtyard floor to the terraces and the gazebo, where a gentle wind played over the rooftops as the soft shades of sunset dissipated into the open sky night. The delicious 'home' cooked traditional meals for breakfast and dinner with their professional service were so enjoyable.

To all of you who make up the 'family' of Riad Ilayka - Nadia, Hannane, Assan, Halima, Loubna, and Simon - thankyou for all the acts of kindness that came so naturally from your warm hearts as you welcome guests to your part of the world. May you all continue to do what you do so exquisitely for a long time to come. Merci bien. I would love to return again some day.

Note - re review buttons ,
1 there is no swimming pool, but I used the Jacuzzi as one, as I like to lie around rather than swim, which suited me and there was no N/A choice,
2 there is no fitness centre, but for me the stairs up to the rooms, terrace, Jacuzzi, and gazebo were keeping me fit, along with walking in the Medina.

Room Tip: This is a small Riad with each room individually decorated, but on a colour theme, so ask for a tour...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jeanie,

All the staff, Nadia and I are most grateful we thank you very heartily for the time you have given to write your nice words about our Riad and Services, . We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon to share good times again!

Hanan
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just back from a week in Morocco which included 3 nights at the wonderful Riad Ilyaka. Having arrived in the main square in Marrakech, we were escorted through the medina, down winding alleys to a door, through which we found an oasis of calm and luxury. The Riad is simply stunning, and the bedrooms the most equisitve I have ever seen. We were the only guests so were given a tour of all the rooms, and allowed to pick the one we wanted. A hard decisions as they are all so beautiful. Each is unique, and an exercise in Morocan oppulance. The staff were wonderful, the food delicious. The location is perfect as you are situated in the heart of this crazy city, yet as soon as you close the door to the riad, you are in a calm, tranquiI paradise. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NADIA J, Responsable relations publiques at Riad Ilayka, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Riad We are so happy to know how much you have appreciated the house service and stuff’s attention and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and food.
Hoping to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in Riad ILAYKA.
Sincerely

Nadia & Hanane
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Oh how superior is this luxury Riad to any hotel !
The staff are wonderful and have looked after us so well. Riad Ilayka is a luxury oasis of peace and clam in the medina of Marrakech.
We ate here every night because the food and service were so good. We knew we coud not do better any where else in Marrakech.
Thank you everyone for making our brief stay so memorable such a joy.
Sure we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NADIA J, Responsable relations clients at Riad Ilayka, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Camel,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Riad ILAYKA. the whole team joins us in thanking you for your comment, we will do every thing we can to make your next stay memorable.

Best Regards

Nadia & Hanane

Been to Riad Ilayka? Share your experiences!