“nice hotel ruined by noise and scandal” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Fashion
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Avenue Hassan II, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #333 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Madrid, Spain
“nice hotel ruined by noise and scandal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

I chose the Fashion Hotel on Avenue Hassan II as a spur of the moment thing, since I needed a place relatively close to the train station in Marrakesh, for an early morning arrival. There is a Hotel Ibis right next to the station, but it was full, so I ended up here totally by chance, as it is the next closest (not including some mega-hotels, which I avoided since they are usually expensive unless booked with a package tour).

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the "luxury suite" since the décor was much more authentic Moroccan than I expected (it looked like it might have personality-less rooms from the outside), and the bathroom was very pretty. All of the room had lovely floor tiles, wooden furniture and paint and other decorations in good taste. I took a wonderful relaxing shower (though as usual there was nowhere to hang the shower nozzle, forcing me to juggle around without throughout the shower) and got some rest before heading to Djemaa-el-Fna, about a half-hour walk from the hotel.

Upon returning I went to bed, though I had a hard time falling asleep due to noise. Here they have this lovely suite, but the windows are like paper, so you can hear every car and motorcycle whiz by. Plus, a "mystery noise" resounds from inside the hotel, basically non-stop. It sounds like a giant rubber band being twanged over and over and over again, neverending. I suspect the elevator but can't be sure.

Then, in the middle of the night, the hotel managers knocked on the doors of the rooms adjacent to mine, from what I could hear to throw out the guests! There was a huge argument and then fight. These guests did not leave, but were infuriated by what happened, so they stayed up ALL night screaming and complaining and talking about how they were going to beat up the hotel manager and have him fired, etc. Well, this went on for hours, and despite my repeated calls to the reception desk, they did nothing to make these scandalous guests, an American man and two Moroccan girls, shut up or get out. In fact, they told ME to confront my loud, ruffian neighbors, which I refused to do since the American was talking about his martial arts skills and spewing threats. So, my lovely room at the Fashion Hotel turned into a sleepless nightmare, with zero help from the hotel to remedy the situation. I left the American a very nasty note in the morning, which I really hope he found.

Overall, a hideous hotel experience, but I'll give it 2 stars since the room really was pretty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Travelers also viewed these Marrakech hotels
Hotel Almas
Hotel Marrakech le Tichka
Hotel Marrakech le Tichka
#338 of 480 in Marrakech
3.5 of 5 stars 494 reviews

Been to Hotel Fashion? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Fashion

Address: 45 Avenue Hassan II, Marrakech, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Marrakech
Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #333 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Fashion 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Fashion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fashion Hotel Marrakech

If you own or manage Hotel Fashion, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.