“The best thing that happened!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Fashion
45 Avenue Hassan II, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #333 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Frisco, Texas
“The best thing that happened!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

After poor planning and a horrible Riad experience, Hotel Fashion was a wonderful place to stay. Great location (a little far for walking but very central), very nice rooms, comfortable beds, helpful service. Great hotel for the price!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

The hotel is in a good location. It is close to train station and most of the attractions are within a walking distance. All the staff was very pleasent. The price was good. the beds comfortable and the room was decorated really nicely. My friend was especially happy to have a bath after all this travelling:)

The minus sides of it was the noise from the street..but because most of the time we were dead tired nothing could bother us:) Also, i found the corridors a little too dark and the breakfast wasn't good, just a croissant, butter, juice and coffee.

All in all we enjoyed our stay. I will be recomending this hotel to my friends going to Marakech.

• Liked — The room was lovely
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

If you need the regular hotel comforts of the western world then this is a good choice, it is very nice (as it should be considering the price!). TV, big room, clean bathroom, small balcony window onto the crazy busy street, decent reception staff.

The "pool" however is no more than a knee-deep bird bath, although it is very pretty. The pigeons and seagulls have made it their dropping ground. But the roof view is great and it is a good place to sit and read.

Careful going out at night. We were horribly harrassed by a drunk man who followed us to our hotel and blocked our entrance then spat on my partner's face.

Staying in the Medina is a much better choice. It is alive and full of people at all times. But the Fashion Hotel itself was very nice.

• Liked — It was clean and we knew our stuff was safe.
  • Disliked — We had a terrible experience just outside the hotel and would not recommed this area.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

I chose the Fashion Hotel on Avenue Hassan II as a spur of the moment thing, since I needed a place relatively close to the train station in Marrakesh, for an early morning arrival. There is a Hotel Ibis right next to the station, but it was full, so I ended up here totally by chance, as it is the next closest (not including some mega-hotels, which I avoided since they are usually expensive unless booked with a package tour).

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the "luxury suite" since the décor was much more authentic Moroccan than I expected (it looked like it might have personality-less rooms from the outside), and the bathroom was very pretty. All of the room had lovely floor tiles, wooden furniture and paint and other decorations in good taste. I took a wonderful relaxing shower (though as usual there was nowhere to hang the shower nozzle, forcing me to juggle around without throughout the shower) and got some rest before heading to Djemaa-el-Fna, about a half-hour walk from the hotel.

Upon returning I went to bed, though I had a hard time falling asleep due to noise. Here they have this lovely suite, but the windows are like paper, so you can hear every car and motorcycle whiz by. Plus, a "mystery noise" resounds from inside the hotel, basically non-stop. It sounds like a giant rubber band being twanged over and over and over again, neverending. I suspect the elevator but can't be sure.

Then, in the middle of the night, the hotel managers knocked on the doors of the rooms adjacent to mine, from what I could hear to throw out the guests! There was a huge argument and then fight. These guests did not leave, but were infuriated by what happened, so they stayed up ALL night screaming and complaining and talking about how they were going to beat up the hotel manager and have him fired, etc. Well, this went on for hours, and despite my repeated calls to the reception desk, they did nothing to make these scandalous guests, an American man and two Moroccan girls, shut up or get out. In fact, they told ME to confront my loud, ruffian neighbors, which I refused to do since the American was talking about his martial arts skills and spewing threats. So, my lovely room at the Fashion Hotel turned into a sleepless nightmare, with zero help from the hotel to remedy the situation. I left the American a very nasty note in the morning, which I really hope he found.

Overall, a hideous hotel experience, but I'll give it 2 stars since the room really was pretty.

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Been to Hotel Fashion? Share your experiences!