“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #468 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This place was so comfortable, the owner is so lovely and the breakfast was delicious! Our room was huuuuuge, and came with an ensuite complete with a bath! It is really easy to find and not far from the main Djemaa El Ena square.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
lincolnshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I love the charm of this hotel, admittedly standard not as UK hotels but why would I want that in Morocco? we have stayed here many times over the last 10 years infact I only ever stay here when we visit Marrakesh, we have stayed as a couple, with our wider Moroccan family (3 rooms) and with our small child.

for all those that complain about the level of cleanliness etc this has never been as issue for us, and we have never had issues with hot water or staff.

Hotel Fantasia is not a 5* rated hotel! and it does not pretend to be, It is a charming hotel for a budget traveller and as such worth the price. as for the price per night ther taffif is on their website. the location and closeness to the square make it a great place to stay. I would also add that I feel quite safe at any time of night walking to and from this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Auckland. NZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Don't know what all the whingeing is about in other reviews, we had no problems, loved the over-the-top Morroccan decoration, and glossy pomegranate walls of the room. Sure the room was small, but it worked OK for us. Breakfast in the courtyard was adequate, and after the room we had in Barcelona which in itself wasn't too bad, this place was like dying and going to heaven! For half the price. Went back for a second stay.
David Spiers, NZ

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

After almost 3 years I returned to Riad Fantasia - and I still love it. I just love the convenient location, the courtyard, the roof top terrace, the coffee and the fresh orange juice.
Yes, the rooms ARE small and not very clean, and so is the bathroom. But he, what do you expect for 30€?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

At first the welcome was frienly enough , after a long hot drive we ( my 9 year old son and I travelling by car trough morocco for a month) wanted a bed and a Shower . put the bags in the room,cleaned out the shower a bit myself , cleaned up ourselves and went onto the jerm el fnaa square wich is a one minute walk away,

comming back turned down the beds an had the impression (so did the beds) that someone had slept on these sheets before, the reception all of a sudden only spoke arabic or did not understand my french, so we got our own bedding from the car and made our own beds the nex mornig we couldn't have breakfast and the attitude towards us was very unfriendly to say the least

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

if you are looking for a riad that is dirty, facilities that don't work, provides poor service and cheats its clients...then this is the riad for you!!! they also provided a 3 am wakeup call..for free..by a crazed moroccon who clearly consumed too much berber whiskey!! scary..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

It's very dirty, noisy and service is poor. Moroccan service but at European prices. Someone smashed up the place overnight in what must have been a dispute and clever use of a baseball bat. Spend a bit extra and look for something better, trust me. I've travelled half the world so if you read my comment and still decide to go to Hotel Fantasia then you only have yourself to blame in the end. I'm so glad I got my vaccinations before staying there. Loved Morocco but not this place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends