I did not enjoy my holiday in Marrakech, the people I encountered were 99 percent of the time after your money trying to sell you something. HOWEVER, I would go back to Marrakech one day ONLY if I am able to stay at this AMAZING hotel again.
1. The cleaner is an amazing woman, I can't remember her name but the main cleaner was such a sweet lovely lovely lady! The rooms were cleaned once a day, beds made, bathroom cleaned and I felt safe to leave all my belongings out in the open to not get stolen. My friend even ripped the curtain by accident one day and the next day when we came in it was fixed and we weren't charged or told off, we felt very embarrassed at how lovely she was!
2. Breakfast is AMAZING, True Moroccan style breakfast served. Clean food, clean plates. Fresh bread every morning, 2 kinds, a huge jug of freshly squeezed orange juice, tea, coffee, 3 different kinds of jam, butter, tasty fried eggs, pancakes, yogurt, all brought at once, however, it is the same stuff every day, every other day there's a different kind of bread, etc. We only got bed and breakfast so didn't get a chance to try the lunch or dinner options.
3. The hotel in in a great location, about a 10 minute walk to the main square, the Djemaa el Fna. A 30 second walk out the alleyway is where a lot of cabs/taxi's are waiting so transporting around is cheap and easy.
4. Ask for the room right at the top, the door opens out to the balcony/roof which is absolutely stunning, you can see all of marrakech from there, the roof is absolutely beautiful at night, we used to spend our evenings there, eating snacks, smoking shisha, playing cards. The rooms we stayed in had a bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower, all clean and working well.
5. The hotel was never noisy, we could sleep well at night, however, we got woken up many times early in the morning by the sound of the mosque and the azan going off multiple times (not in sync with each other) very loud, but that had nothing to do with the hotel, you would hear that anywhere in Marrakesh.
However, the alleyway to the hotel is very dark and a bit scary at night, full of stray cats outside the hotel and a few weirdo's, but as long as you are not alone it is fine, it's the same anywhere in Morocco at night, so just be careful, it can be a dangerous country if you are not with a man.
Also, there was no pool, but the view, homely moroccan feel and location makes up for it!
Pick the room right at the top with the door opening up to the roof, you will NOT be disappointed!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.