“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Jona

Save Saved
You added Riad Jona to your Saves list
Riad Jona
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Riad zitoune el kedim | 34, derb jdid, Marrakech 40040, Morocco   |
Ranked #101 of 1,037 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great place, staff very friendly and helpful, excellent English spoken, room (ours) was nicely decorated and comfortable, breakfast on the roof terrace was very yum and fresh and small rooftop pool looked inviting.

Unfortunately the Riad was a little tricky to find initially, but once we knew which side streets to take it wasn't so bad. Good location in the medina close to the souks.

Staff especially Mohammed were super friendly. Staff also looked after my girlfriend who wasn't well whilst we visited, and Julien the host offered for her to have a simple evening meal which was very kind. I recommend the fish pastilla if you eat in the Riad, very tasty.

If we returned to Marrakech we would be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the rooftop room which was a triple and very comfortable for our needs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at the Riad Jona during a solo trip to Marrakech. It's a fantastic place stay located in the vibrant Medina area and just a few minutes walk to Djemaa el Fna and the souk. Food and ambience was excellent and the riad also benefits from it's own beautiful roof terrace, pool and hamam. I felt that the owners really went out of their way to help ensure that my stay with them was as good as it possibly could be. Julien organised my collection from the airport and was also on hand to help set-up excursions and provide really useful advice on where to visit on my onwards journey. In short the Jona is an excellent, luxurious location to stay in when visiting Marrrakech but at a fair price. I can't rate the staff or the owners highly enough either: incredibly welcoming and helpful. I doubt I would have enjoyed my stay in Morocco as much had I stayed anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Aix-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

After an awful week in a beautiful but unfriendly ryad, we loved being at Riad jona, so friendly and home like. Everybody is warm in this ryad, the breakfast are delightful, the rooms, confortable, good location, a nice hammam always ready and a lovely terrace. But the best of this ryad, is its atmosphere, positive, honest, ultrakind. A place to live long stays in Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We finally arrived at Riad Jona having made a slight mistake at the airport and gone to the wrong Riad thanks to the taxi driver misunderstanding us!!
On realising our mistake, the lovely Julien rang my mobile and sent one of his staff to collect us from the other Riad, which was not up to our expectations and rather disappointing.
Thank goodness he did, as Riad Jona is absolutely wonderful!! An oasis in the Medina, and such a lovely place to spend a few days with Julien, his beautiful wife and a staff which is second to none.
We had four nights there, and really didn`t want to leave the place.
The decor is fabulous, tasteful and comfortable, with many very special touches. Our room was perfect, and the food (breakfast each morning and Dinner one evening) excellent with a good selection of wines and drinks available.
Julien spent about half an hour showing us the map and where to visit, and gave us lots of advice about shopping, staying safe and generally making the most of Marrakech.
We are pensioners and thoroughly recomment the Riad Jona to anyone who is confused or undecided as to where to stay.
Ron and Tess Grant

Room Tip: Choose the `Jasmine`. It is lovely and very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I just returned from a solo trip to Morocco, and loved my four nights at Riad Jona. I was collected as arranged at the airport, transported to the riad and warmly welcomed by Julien, his lovely wife and their wonderful staff. It's beautifully decorated and in a good location in the Medina. The food was marvelous, the room clean and comfortable. I had my meals in the courtyard, not the terrace, because it was a bit chilly, but thought that was a great place as well. I got good advice from Julien on experiencing Marrakesh, and a good suggestion for a restaurant on the night I chose not to dine in the riad.

I'm delighted that I found Riad Jona and am sure others would find it a lovely spot as well.

Room Tip: I'd consider a room on the second floor for more privacy, although I would not be uncomfortable...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We had never been in Marocco before and found Riad Jona here. We stayed 4 days in Jona, and that was the main reason why we loved Marrakech. It is perfectly placed in the south end of the Medina. It is very comfortable and having breakfast on the terrace is the perfect way to start your day. And alone the staffs hospitallity and kindness is worth the stay. Best regards Katja & Jakob, Denmark

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Laholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We just got back from a lovely holiday in Marrakech. As I was going to celebrate my 50th birthday I invited my Mum, husband, grown up daughter and son with me. I found Riad Jona on the Internet as I was surfing around. It looked so cosy and warm and since we were travelling in late January and in the beginning of February this looked perfect for us.

After several email correspondence with the owner Julien, we were picked up at the airport and nicely transported to the riad. As soon as the door opened and we stepped into the riad and met Julien and his staff we were in love with the place.

After a cup of the, Julien showed us around in the riad and our rooms and after that we got our preordered dinner served. As we arrived in the evening this was a perfect arrangement.
During our stay we had a lovely breakfast on the roof terrace every morning overlooking the Atlas mountains.

Julien and Mouhammed gave us several tips that we followed concering restaurants etc.
My husband, son and I stayed in the suite and it was lovely, warm and big. My mother and daughter enjoyed their stay in the Amber room.

On my birthday we got breakfast in our room and Mouhammed, Mouhammed and F....(sorry I forgot your name) came and sang for me with a plate with oranges and candles. They are so sweet and made our stay to something extra. On my birthday I also went to the hammam at the riad and got scrubbed and then got massage by Myriam. I was a new person afterwards.

We took a cooking class that Julien provided for us and got to invite our boys to eat with us when everything was cooked. The cooking class included shopping the ingredients (a chicken that was alive), preparing, cooking and eating and our "teatcher" Habiba was a very sweet person that spoke good english.

After staying in the riad we went to a hotel in the new part of the town and the last thing we did before leaving the riad was to make a quad reservation through Julien. He made sure that we got picked up at our hotel to go the the quads and to be taken back again to our new hotel afterwards.

The location of the riad was perfect. Easy access to everything and the morroccans were very very friendly. I hope to go there again soon and will highly recommend this riad.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Riad Jona? Share your experiences!