“Exquisite riad, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Riad Monceau

You added Le Riad Monceau to your Saves list
Le Riad Monceau
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 / 8 derb Chaabane | Riad Zitoun Lakdim, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #363 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Exquisite riad, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A beautiful riad decorated throughout with taste. Calm and comfortable, yet a moment away from the Jemaa el Fna. Charming staff, and a great restaurant which served the best food we had in Marrakech... we ate there three times...

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I spent a wonderful few days in this lovely Riad tucked away just moments from the Jemaa el Fna. I really can't say enough about this tranquil, calm Riad...beautiful rooms,amazing food and the loveliest staff you could possibly find. Every single member of staff was so friendly,always happy and smiling and eager to please. I miss them all. I did the cookery school with the lovely Rachida...don't miss it

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

What a delightful Riad this is. As from the moment of entry straight through to our departure some days later we found all the staff to be most friendly and always helpful. The rooms were perfectly adequate, but more importantly, they were clean and nicely decorated, with clean towels provided daily. An excellent restaurant, where delicious Moroccan food is served, and a lovely roof terrace – complete with lounge chairs – on which one can relax with a glass of fine Moroccan wine after exploring the Jamaa el Fna square and the souqs in its vicinity made this a place that I am happy to recommend.

Room Tip: The Riad has two suites with private Jacuzzis, which makes it all that much nicer.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014

I've been traveling all over Morocco since 1979 -- usually a few times a year. I haven't discovered any riad or hotel in the whole country that is as remarkable as this riad.

The simple moment of having breakfast at Riad Monceau under the Marrakech sky might well be the most memorable thing I do each of these trips. Or sitting on the raid's terrace having a world class dinner from their own kitchen with friends. The owners and staff there re-define what charm means.

Riad Monceau is a gem.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

I had a unique opportunity through my work to spend a couple of days at the Riad Monceau. We all found it to be a lovely and calm oasis just off the hustle and bustle of the busiest (and most amazing?) square in all of Africa. I loved the approach down a commercial alley, into a much smaller private one, to the beautiful door and entrance way.

Once inside we were greeted by one of the most fabulous and charismatic Front Desk people ever. I believe her name was Ghislaine, or something like that. She had us all laughing and feeling as welcome as we could possibly hope for. She treated us like royalty. And she bounced between languages impressively, with nearly perfect English which is always nice.

We also had the pleasure of dining there, which was delicious, and even seeing the kitchen which was impeccably clean. The chef was a skilled cook who took local dishes to a new and heightened level. Actually, we were there because of her excellent reputation and the food they serve. You may have guessed I work in a crossover industry that involves food.

We only briefly met one of the owners but he seemed a warm and generous man.

The vibe on the rooftop lounge areas was lovely, as it was down by the pool. The whole place seemed calm, quaint, and yet sophisticated.

I can't imagine not staying here next time I am there, if it is at all possible.

Thank you Riad Monceau! And in particular Chef Rachida and the most wonderful Ghislaine! It was a great experience in Morocco for us.

Room Tip: I don't know much about the rooms, but I bet they are fabulous
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Amazing service and food and so near the main square. Really wished we could have stayed longer. Go for the food if you can't stay there, it's well worth it. Beautiful courtyard setting for breakfast and dinner. Will definitely be visiting again

• Stayed September 2014
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this review, December 7, 2014
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travelers - so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
I understand you had a great time with us and I would like to assure you that makes me sincerely happy.
Thank you to TripAdvisor to allow us this management’s response.
Isabelle Aubry
Owner of Riad Monceau,
Boutique hotel, gourmet restaurant and cooking school in Marrakech
Promoter of the MarrakChef Trophy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

+ nice style
+ good Location

- rooms very small and expansiv
- picture On homepage bigger and nicer than real
- loud inside. You can hear every step and every door
-wifi not good working. Not reale in the room. We asked 4 times
to make it better. Nothings happend .
- raining and cold. We asked 4 times for a heater ... nothings happend.
-breakfast for 195 euro ... its a joke ! Minibuffet , no service . For eggs you have to go
to the kitchen and ask for .
- Hammam and spa mini mini and you only can use it if you book a expensiv massage .
- Television only in French Language.
-Normaly a 5 Star Hotel is much much cheaper and has muck more comfort and Service !

Room Tip: Take another Hotel and come with Taxi to the Center.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travelers - so please let me thank you for writing this review.
It looks like you were very disappointed with your stay. I am very sorry for this but I must say I am also a bit surprised. Because of the mark you give us I feel allowed to explain the following to fellow TripAdvisor readers:
1/ you were with us from Nov 29th to Dec 4th;
2/ within the hours following of your arrival you were already posting your review which appeared on the TripAdvisor on the 30th ;
3/ at the time of your visit it had been raining for days on Marrakech and the South of Morocco as well as on the South of France and some other parts of Europe. It was a disaster for Morocco where, because of the unusual quantity of rain, dozens of houses were destroyed and dozens of deceased people were counted. It was a national tragedy.
When it rains so much – which hopefully is very rare here – the life in open places like old riads is definitely not as enjoyable as it usually is. This is quite simple to understand. It’s not great for guests and it’s simply terrible for the staff who has to work for long hours every day to simply fight the floods.
I would like to thank here our maids and housekeepers who did such a great job and made so much efforts to make sure our guests didn’t suffer too much from the situation. And I would like to thank also our fellow guests who, for most of them, were so kind and so understanding. Thank you from the very deep of my heart.
As far as you are concerned you have decided to post this review. No! 2 reviews! This one in English and another one in German with an even worst mark... I am not sure it’s fair but it is definitely your right.
Thank you to TripAdvisor to allow us this management’s response.
Isabelle Aubry
Owner of Riad Monceau,
Boutique hotel, gourmet restaurant and cooking school in Marrakech
Promoter of the MarrakChef Trophy

Been to Le Riad Monceau? Share your experiences!