“Best riad I've found in Morocco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Riad Monceau

You added Le Riad Monceau to your Saves list
Le Riad Monceau
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 / 8 derb Chaabane | Riad Zitoun Lakdim, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #365 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Best riad I've found in Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've been traveling all over Morocco since 1979 -- usually a few times a year. I haven't discovered any riad or hotel in the whole country that is as remarkable as this riad.

The simple moment of having breakfast at Riad Monceau under the Marrakech sky might well be the most memorable thing I do each of these trips. Or sitting on the raid's terrace having a world class dinner from their own kitchen with friends. The owners and staff there re-define what charm means.

Riad Monceau is a gem.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a unique opportunity through my work to spend a couple of days at the Riad Monceau. We all found it to be a lovely and calm oasis just off the hustle and bustle of the busiest (and most amazing?) square in all of Africa. I loved the approach down a commercial alley, into a much smaller private one, to the beautiful door and entrance way.

Once inside we were greeted by one of the most fabulous and charismatic Front Desk people ever. I believe her name was Ghislaine, or something like that. She had us all laughing and feeling as welcome as we could possibly hope for. She treated us like royalty. And she bounced between languages impressively, with nearly perfect English which is always nice.

We also had the pleasure of dining there, which was delicious, and even seeing the kitchen which was impeccably clean. The chef was a skilled cook who took local dishes to a new and heightened level. Actually, we were there because of her excellent reputation and the food they serve. You may have guessed I work in a crossover industry that involves food.

We only briefly met one of the owners but he seemed a warm and generous man.

The vibe on the rooftop lounge areas was lovely, as it was down by the pool. The whole place seemed calm, quaint, and yet sophisticated.

I can't imagine not staying here next time I am there, if it is at all possible.

Thank you Riad Monceau! And in particular Chef Rachida and the most wonderful Ghislaine! It was a great experience in Morocco for us.

Room Tip: I don't know much about the rooms, but I bet they are fabulous
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing service and food and so near the main square. Really wished we could have stayed longer. Go for the food if you can't stay there, it's well worth it. Beautiful courtyard setting for breakfast and dinner. Will definitely be visiting again

• Stayed September 2014
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travelers - so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
I understand you had a great time with us and I would like to assure you that makes me sincerely happy.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

+ nice style
+ good Location

- rooms very small and expansiv
- picture On homepage bigger and nicer than real
- loud inside. You can hear every step and every door
-wifi not good working. Not reale in the room. We asked 4 times
to make it better. Nothings happend .
- raining and cold. We asked 4 times for a heater ... nothings happend.
-breakfast for 195 euro ... its a joke ! Minibuffet , no service . For eggs you have to go
to the kitchen and ask for .
- Hammam and spa mini mini and you only can use it if you book a expensiv massage .
- Television only in French Language.
-Normaly a 5 Star Hotel is much much cheaper and has muck more comfort and Service !

Room Tip: Take another Hotel and come with Taxi to the Center.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travelers - so please let me thank you for writing this review.
It looks like you were very disappointed with your stay. I am very sorry for this but I must say I am also a bit surprised. Because of the mark you give us I feel allowed to explain the following to fellow TripAdvisor readers:
1/ you were with us from Nov 29th to Dec 4th;
2/ within the hours following of your arrival you were already posting your review which appeared on the TripAdvisor on the 30th ;
3/ at the time of your visit it had been raining for days on Marrakech and the South of Morocco as well as on the South of France and some other parts of Europe. It was a disaster for Morocco where, because of the unusual quantity of rain, dozens of houses were destroyed and dozens of deceased people were counted. It was a national tragedy.
When it rains so much – which hopefully is very rare here – the life in open places like old riads is definitely not as enjoyable as it usually is. This is quite simple to understand. It’s not great for guests and it’s simply terrible for the staff who has to work for long hours every day to simply fight the floods.
I would like to thank here our maids and housekeepers who did such a great job and made so much efforts to make sure our guests didn’t suffer too much from the situation. And I would like to thank also our fellow guests who, for most of them, were so kind and so understanding. Thank you from the very deep of my heart.
As far as you are concerned you have decided to post this review. No! 2 reviews! This one in English and another one in German with an even worst mark... I am not sure it’s fair but it is definitely your right.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Quite possibly the best Riad in Marrakech
Flawless, faultless, utterly superb!
I can't recommend this Riad highly enough.
We have visited Marrakech numerous times and this was the best
In terms of location, food, and especially service.
Isabelle has gathered together a team of the highest standard and the result is there for all to see

Room Tip: Lowest price ones are of such a high standard there is no need to upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

I cannot rate this riad high enough. It is very close to the hustle and bustle but feels like a million miles away when you enter. All the staff are wonderful and the food we had here is amongst the best we have ever had . Had my first hamman here and was not sure what to expect . The girls but we at ease at the massage after was very relaxing. Lovely place!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Beautiful old courtyard building restored and superbly decorated, centrally located, Le Riad Monceau is the perfect place to stay in this beautiful city. The staff is wonderful and Ghizlane who welcomed and helped us getting around is extraordinary! The restaurant is also fantastic and was by far our favorite place for dinner.We spent five nights at Le Riad Monceau and only have very good things to say, we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Promoter of the MarrakChef Trophy

Been to Le Riad Monceau? Share your experiences!