I had a unique opportunity through my work to spend a couple of days at the Riad Monceau. We all found it to be a lovely and calm oasis just off the hustle and bustle of the busiest (and most amazing?) square in all of Africa. I loved the approach down a commercial alley, into a much smaller private one, to the beautiful door and entrance way.
Once inside we were greeted by one of the most fabulous and charismatic Front Desk people ever. I believe her name was Ghislaine, or something like that. She had us all laughing and feeling as welcome as we could possibly hope for. She treated us like royalty. And she bounced between languages impressively, with nearly perfect English which is always nice.
We also had the pleasure of dining there, which was delicious, and even seeing the kitchen which was impeccably clean. The chef was a skilled cook who took local dishes to a new and heightened level. Actually, we were there because of her excellent reputation and the food they serve. You may have guessed I work in a crossover industry that involves food.
We only briefly met one of the owners but he seemed a warm and generous man.
The vibe on the rooftop lounge areas was lovely, as it was down by the pool. The whole place seemed calm, quaint, and yet sophisticated.
I can't imagine not staying here next time I am there, if it is at all possible.
Thank you Riad Monceau! And in particular Chef Rachida and the most wonderful Ghislaine! It was a great experience in Morocco for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech