Please make sure you read the entire post, thank you! As we pack tonight to leave the most delightful riad in Marrakesh we wanted to take time to say our thanks to a very special group of people and to let anyone that is thinking of staying at the Riad Monceau that they cannot go wrong. We made our decision in September to come to Morocco and we did not give our travel agent much time to make arrangements. “Travel in Style” located in San Francisco worked diligently with their Moroccan partner “Voyage Paradis” in Casablanca to make the trip come together in less than 30 days. We have started our trip in Marrakesh and that could not have been better. Walking down the narrow walkway in the medina into the Riad Monceau was intriguing and we had no idea the delight that was behind the heavy wood door. This riad was bought and restored by Isabelle Aubrey approximately 13-15 years ago. Her attention to detail is not missed from the lovely architecture, to the extraordinary food and the superb staff. Our first introduction to the caring staff was at our check in when Ghizlone greeted us and saw to our every need. Each morning at breakfast we were served with a smile and care by Lahinia and Souad. The wait staff at dinner quickly new our desires and treated us like we had been coming to the riad many times over. Said and Ibrohim were there to make sure our dinners were delivered with great care. But of course how can I talk about the great dinners without giving Rachida Sahnoune the fabulous chef credit. My husband who is a very picky eater tasted everything and even enjoyed eggplant that he would never had tasted at home. The ambiance in the evening sitting either around the lovely pool in the garden area or under the crystal chandeliers in the salon seemed like we were in a fairy tale. The 3rd night of our stay my husband had a health scare. Being in a strange city and country he was very concerned. But after letting Oumaima, at the front desk, know of our situation we felt much more at ease. She checked with her supervisor and with Isabelle and assured us if anything happened in the night we would be taken care of. We knew Mohamed and Boujame were always just a call way to be of help. We knew that a doctor would be on call if we needed him and that they were there to make sure we had what we needed. Thankfully the health problem subsided and we did not need to call on any of these people but knowing there was an entire crew on standby for us allowed us to go to bed without worry. On our last day I decided after hours of hiking in the Atlas Mountains and seeing the Berber villages I need to go to the spa. Ghizlone (a different lady) in the hammam/spa was the best. I have never had the scrubs, facial and massage like what she did.
As you can see I have spent a lot of time on the people of the Riad Monceau, that is taking nothing away from the beautiful restoration, the good beds, or the level of comfort the physical building gives you. But without the people the building is just a building. Congratulations to Isabelle Aubrey and her staff on a superbly run riad/hotel/experience.
Kathy and John Compton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech