My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in July/August. We took the opportunity of being met at the airport by a private taxi company which is arranged through the hotel. Two smartly dressed chaps met us and we were soon on our way in a nice air conditioned executive vehicle. They dropped us at a small square where an employee of the Riad met us. He then walked us along alleys into a souk. The only type of transport to reach Raid Monceau after being dropped off would be a moped or by foot so paying for this service through the hotel is well worth it. I am not too sure how we would have found the place as it is in the alleys of the Souk. (I think it was €20 for a return trip) Well he took us down said small alley and there was a large door to the hotel. On entering it was another world to the hubbub we had just left. The building had been carefully and lovingly converted into a luxury boutique hotel. Our room was delightful and opened onto the small pool. (more a plunge pool). This is where you ate in the evening. We did on two nights and although more expensive than outside the food was definitely 5 star and well worth every penny. Breakfast was served in a room near the pool and was very good with a choice of eggs if you so wished. Beware of the local sparrows swooping in and stealing the cornflakes! As mentioned before in other reviews, the Riad is a short walk to the square so you can't really get lost. After the heat of the day and batting away the hawkers it's a lovely oasis to escape the organised chaos of outside. Would return tomorrow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech