“YOU MUST STAY HERE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Riad Monceau

Save Saved
You added Le Riad Monceau to your Saves list
Le Riad Monceau
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 / 8 derb Chaabane | Riad Zitoun Lakdim, Marrakech 40000 , Morocco   |
Ranked #396 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“YOU MUST STAY HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked this place as a surprise getaway for my wife's birthday and I couldn't have been happier! The staff couldn't do enough for us and the service was impeccable! It's a 1 minute walk from the main square with its hustle and bustle but on walking through the door of the Riad, the unquestionable tranquility of the place is surprising - an oasis in the middle of the madness.
Our room was as traditional as it gets and was so comfortable. The bath tub could fit a rugby team in and is set in traditional opulence.

You want location? GOT IT, you want great service? IT HAS IT, you want peace away from the madness - STAY HERE!

And you will be the luckiest person in the world if the lovely Riesling is working - very welcoming and humorous young lady who goes out of her way to help everyone

Will DEFINITELY be back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
I understand you had a great time with us and I would like to assure you that makes me sincerely happy.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
hertfordshire, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This place is an absolute haven. Located just off Jemaa al fina, down a charming street with some of the best food places we experienced. From the moment you walk in, the service is impeccable. Particularly from Riesling, the lovely lady on reception. She cannot so enough for you and always with the biggest smile on her face. The rest of the staff, cleaners, waiters etc all offer you a friendly hello each time you see them and cannot do enough for you. The riad itself is a quiet oasis with no noise whatsoever from the square. We couldn't work out how! We stayed in the marjane suite and it was stunning!!! Traditional Moroccan with beautiful furnishings and a giant bath tub. Marjane overlooks the pool and gorgeous courtyard area which, in my opinion was the best in house. We have often sat by the pool enjoying a glass of wine and seeing in the afternoon. The only point they could improve on is breakfast but it's light and sees you through. Just pop down to the end of the road for a beautiful sandwich of Moroccan sausage for roughly £1.50- it doesn't disappoint! The transfers are also great with a friendly driver who doubles as a charming our guide. As far as surprise birthday trips go, my husband blew me away and I will most certainly return. I've been fortunate to stay in some of the worlds best hotels but never have I wanted to stay in a place forever, until now!

• Stayed February 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I recently stayed here at a friend's recommendation and was very very happy with my stay. The Riad is a gorgeous property with breath-taking interiors. My suite was huge and was done up so tastefully! I was in love with the authentic moroccan decor of my massive bathroom. It really made me feel like a royal on a clandestine trip! Riad Monceau is located in the middle of the city's main market area and you'd think that it gets loud here but it does not. The design of the hotel is such that all rooms remain private. I ate at the hotel restaurant once at the Manager's insistence and their spread of kebabs and meats was delicious. The rooftop restaurant has lovely views of the place and my dinner was well spent with some friendly tourists and some good hookah. Can't wait to go back!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my wife.

Good points:

1. Beautiful interior with traditional design, lovely room. Very romantic.
2. Good restaurant - great for your first night and one of the better restaurants in Marrakech that we visited
3. Friendly and helpful staff
4. Lovely roof terrace - can look out at the stars at night
5. Very clean, room cleaned daily
6. The surrounding area (medina) was very run down indeed. This riad was very much an oasis.
7. We ate generally in the new town - hivernage. This was because the area surrounding the hotel, including the square, was a tourist trap and food really didn't look good. The new town had some great restaurants (e.g
Le Comptoire) that were reasonably priced. These were just over 10 minutes walk from Riad Monceau - so it is well situated.

Downsides:

1. In comparison to the excellent evening meal, breakfast was not so good - cornflakes, bread, coffee - so pretty basic. Bread not fresh.

2. Wifi only really worked in reception not rooms. That said it is a romantic getaway so perhaps that's a good thing!

Overall a beautiful romantic hotel for couples with great staff and good food. A great choice if you want to be situated in the heart of old Marrakech.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech.
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at Le Riad Monceau inside the Medina for 3 nights. It is a gorgeous oasis in the middle of the alleys that make up the markets and town center. We prearranged airport transfer and the driver was on time and polite. A runner comes to meet the taxi driver to escort you the rest of the way since the alleys are too small for cars. The hotel staff was very helpful - everyone from the young lady at the desk, to the Chef, to the waiters, to the maids. We ate two nights in the restaurant which was delicious...so much so that we signed up for the cooking class our last day! Breakfast was light but yummy mostly breads/cereals with eggs to order. If we are ever back in Marrakech we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We saw two of their seven(?) rooms and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This riad is sublime. We stayed in the Pacha suite, making full use of the jacuzzi and, had it been colder, would have got the room's open fire roaring too. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant was great - have reviewed separately - and there is an in-house hammam that was perfect for two. We sunbathed on the roof terrace, ate simple but very tasty lunches on the balcony and spent a blissful morning having a thoroughly good scrub, wash and massage in the hammam. The only downside was that none of the reception staff warned us about the prolific and very unpleasant tannery scams before we headed out into the souks, like lambs to the slaughter, on our first day in the city (see 'Tannery' for more info on this), but apart from that one small niggle, cannot recommend this riad highly enough. Top tip - bring earplugs to avoid being woken at 6 am every morning by the amplified call to prayer that rings out across the city.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was our first trip to Marrakech. Our arrival here was a superb experience. This lovely riad is located right in the main square, so we couldn't have asked for more in terms of location. The hotel itself was serene in the midst of all the craziness that was Marrakech. Great food available inside, lovely little pool. The room was very stylish, and had an ambience of luxury. The staff were excellent throughout, and even arranged an airport pickup for us. Great experience in the lap of luxury!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other fellow travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
Promoter of the MarrakChef Trophy

Been to Le Riad Monceau? Share your experiences!