Couldn't ask for a better location in Marrakech - just a couple of minutes from the main square - a calm oasis in the mayhem around.
The hotel is charming, the entrance to our room was probably the best we've ever had at any hotel - we loved the little terrace outside where we could sit, relax and read.
The service was great - every member of staff was friendly, welcoming and keen to help. Isabelle the owner took care to ensure we enjoyed our stay - my husband was ill, we think from motion sickness from the Atlas mountain day tour, and Isabelle personally made sure we got some reliable medication and the head waiter in the evening rustled up a little supper for me that I could eat on my own upstairs on the terrace - thank you both.
Isabelle gave really useful tips of things to visit/not bother with.
The cookery course was excellent - a real must - loved having my own food served professionally at the three course lunch afterwards. The evening taster menu was delicious.
No wall-hung shower (this wasn't a problem though as others have suggested a low hook to have a sitting shower would've been useful). The huge tiled bath instead was different!
Pre-arranged taxi to and from was an added bonus.
The only blip to this excellent hotel was the breakfast, it was fine but average compared to the rest of the experience here. Fresh orange juice was excellent.
Pool is freezing so don't bother with swimming kit.
Beds very comfortable, we left the window open instead of using the aircon as there's always a breeze but you do hear the mosques calling at dawn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech