A superb riad and perfectly located offering an elegant escape from the busy streets
Positives are for the fantastic suite with an exceptional bathroom, charming staff and nothing was too much trouble. We would advise you to take up the hotel service of being collected at the airport by a prearranged taxi and they will take you on arrival to the Riad by the confusing narrow alleyways. We were met on arrival at the airport and staff met us outside the walls of the souk and then we work personally escorted with our luggage. We also dined in the restaurant on the first night. It was very good food and the service was personal and charming .
We had a cooking course at Riad and it was was a very exciting experience. There were only four of us, all beginners, in the small kitchen which made it a very personal cooking class. We could choose whether to cook a lamb or chicken tagine, similar but different selection of spices and amounts of them. We also cooked a delicious vegetarian starter. The whole process was quite different from what we are used to and we were entirely absorbed throughout. At the end of it the chef advised us that the lunch would be served on the roof terrace dining area and she just needed to finish the dishes with a few final touches.
Enjoying the results of our cooking among the roof terrace plants and tranquillity was the perfect finale to the experience.
Some constructive comment however regarding the arrangements for breakfast. It is a delightful room and of course you can have breakfast if you wish at one of the tables in the open courtyard but whilst the breakfast service whilst immensely charming with really lovely staff, it is slightly haphazard on occasions. Having to go to the kitchen to ask for bread, eggs and coffee pots to be refilled is we appreciate, hardly a great burden but it just needs to be tightened up a little bit. We do stress that this is not a criticism of any great force but we felt we should mention it and noticed that another trip advisor guest has commented on it.
This riad also benefits from really elegant surroundings and staff who are just so willing to help. It has a very relaxing atmosphere and we would recommend it without hesitation. The terraces above onto further levels and are beautifully kept and manicured. It is clear that the owner has planned everything to the very last detail and this in turn is reflected in the great professionalism of the staff. We are sorry that we have not been able to complete this review until now but it has been impossible due to intervening family circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech