I chose this place because it was being sold as an oasis of tranquility and it was a small personal riad. Unfortunately the builders were in or next door during our visit and we were woken every morning at 08:00. I asked twice if the place was being extended or what was being done but the staff just looked sheepish, smiled and did not answer. There are some sun loungers on the roof terrace and me and my hubby are sun worshipers but it was impossible to enjoy time in the riad because of the noise. There was no apology and no discount offered. I was very disappointed. If I had been informed about the noise beforehand i would have stayed elsewhere.
On the good side, The hotel is beautiful and well kept, the rooms are lovely, the restaurant is small and intimate and the food is good. Breakfast was also good with continental of choice off eggs which ever way you prefer. The hotel is 2 mins walk from the heart of Marrakesh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech