Firstly, I am shocked that this hotel ranks in lower quartile of Tripadvisor ratings for Marrakech - currently number 373! Other hotels with similar rankings have far fewer reviews, and generally less favourable ratings. This has to be a glitch, and I hope it gets fixed soon, as the folks who run this fabulous place are being unfairly penalised.
Anyway, you have got this far despite that, so what's it like ? I have to say it's wonderful - fully lived up to our expectations, which were high, as this was my wife's fiftieth and our first trip to Marrakech. The hotel is down a narrow, unprepossessing alley, but don't be put off. I hate to use a cliche but it really is an oasis of calm and luxury inside. Seven rooms are clustered round a small courtyard with a pool and four large palms. There are seating areas all over the place, including a great roof terrace where you can catch the sun during the day. It was not too hot when we went, but I imagine the area round the pool will be nicely cool even in summer.
The room was not huge but beautifully decorated with a decent bathroom and a huge bath. the bed was very comfortable and there heating / a/c unit kept the temperature just right.
Having only seven rooms, the place feels very private. There were three other couples for most of our stay but apart from breakfast we felt like we had the place to ourselves. As a result service is very good - you feel more like a guest than a customer. We had one slight glitch with my wife's Hammam booking but this was sorted out very quickly.
We ate in the restaurant only on the first night and were a bit tired so didn't make the most of it but it's essentially a refined take on local traditional dishes and very good indeed.
Location is superb - right next to the square but just far enough away to be quiet.
All in all really good, and I hope the ranking gets sorted soon - I simply cannot believe Marrakech as 376 hotels better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet side street just off the Djemaa El Fna (about 100 metres from the square) Le Riad Monceau is a cosy 7-room boutique hotel with pool, hammam-spa, rooftop terraces overviewing the Koutoubia Mosque, and a renowned Moroccan gourmet restaurant where you will enjoy the best of Moroccan gastronomy. Famous friendly cooking workshops are held every morning in the restaurant's kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Riad Monceau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Riad Monceau Marrakech
- Le Riad Monceau Hotel Marrakech