“Calm, Cool, Oasis!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dar Zaman

Save Saved
You added Riad Dar Zaman to your Saves list
Riad Dar Zaman
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   29 Derb Boualilou | Sidi Ben Slimane, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
Marrakech Smart Deal
Ranked #47 of 1,054 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Newcastle Staffs
“Calm, Cool, Oasis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

You arrive in Marrakech, it is hot and dusty and worst of all your Taxi can't take you to the door of your hotel. Why not? Because you have chosen to stay in a traditional Riad that is only a stones throw away from the bustling souks. You follow Hassan through a maze of narrow alleys until you arrive at your destination. Only then does it dawn on you, that you have made one of the best decisions ever; by choosing to stay at this particular Riad. The courtyard that greets you is as cooling as the refreshing mint tea you are immediately served. Our rooms were equally as cool and welcoming. Dinner was fantastic; chicken tagine with preserved lemon, than you Karima! Peter, Hassan and Karima were fantastic throughout our stay, such wonderful hosts! Thank you all.

Room Tip: We had the one with the'Juliet balcony' so cool in the heat of the afternoon!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Breda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just stayed with my daugther 5 knights in this lovely Riad. Perfectly situated, clean, quite and with a fantastic manager of the hotel (Hassan) that advised and helped us in a fatastic way. I really can advise to use this accomandation if you are planning to go to Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RiadDarZaman, Owner at Riad Dar Zaman, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thanks Patrick for your kind words, and thanks for choosing to stay at Riad Dar Zaman. Come back with the whole family next time :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the riad 2 yrs ago on a hen do and wanted my family to experience what an amazing time we had. The riad is beautiful and calming, an oasis away from the madness of the medina and souks. What really makes your stay special is Hassan. He looks after everything and really understands all your needs. He has a fantastic personality and is always smiling when you have asked your 100th question of the day. Take your time with him to understand the maps, the souks, where to eat and what to see. The breakfasts are fabulous and the dinner is too, thank you Karima. The booking process through Peter is faultless. We also did a trip to the atlas mountains, fantastic scenary and lunch and not too strenuous. I would also recommend thd cooking class, seeing where you can buy food is eye opening.

The roof terrace is a great place to relax and soak up the sun at end of thr day.

I will definately be going back again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed in the Dar Zaman some years ago. I was afraid that when I returned that the majic would have died. I was wrong, it was even better. Hassan and Peter could not do enough. But the special feature of this amazing Riad is the sense of tranqulity you feel as you step in through the door. It is located in a more authentic section of the madina, not the overly touristy bit. You feel so safe and secure when you enter.
It is really exciting as you arrive as there is so much going on around you feel you are in the heart of the true Marrakech.
The decor and layout is so stylish and sophisticated, the food if you take any and service, though inobtrusive, is most definitely five star, not three star.
Thanks for such an amazing stay.

Room Tip: The hotel/airport transfer is not expensive and definaitely reccomended as it could be difficult to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I loved this place - a beautiful, small riad, with the most amazing welcome from the staff - Hassan, the hotel manager was wonderful - as a lone female traveller, he was particulary helpful and nice, helping me find my way around the medina and giving me lots of tips on interesting places to visit. He knows so much and I found his advice very helpful and spot on. The room I had was so comfortable and had lots of nice touches, including a beautiful bathtub. It was so quiet and peaceful. The breakfast on the rooftop is great. I had dinner at the riad and it was probably one of the best meals I had during my week long stay in Morocco. Its extremely well run by the English owner Peter, who is also very pleasant and helpful. A very special and tranquil place.

Room Tip: All rooms looked beautiful - I had the smallest room which had the lovely bathtub - it was perfect...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
macclesfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a 5 night stay at Dar Zaman in March 2013 and can't recommend it highly enough. All the praise given in the other reviews is well deserved and I echo all the positive points that everyone else has made.

The Riad is beautiful (especially so when candlelit at night), the room was a little small but that was absolutely no problem, we loved just opening the balcony door to let in the light and sounds. The room was spotless and the bed extremely comfortable, so much so, that you just doze off again after half waking up to the early morning call to prayer.
Breakfast was plentiful with lots of excellent coffee. It was also a great opportunity to meet a variety of guests and share their experiences.

Hassan is a FANTASTIC host and can never do enough for you. He served dinner and breakfast, he organised you with an invaluable map (but mark my words - you will still get lost !). He gave us lots advice on where to go, what to do & just as importantly - what not to do. He was always happy to chat and to see how your day had gone.

I promised Hassan that I would tell anyone planning a stay in Marrakech to stay at Dar Zaman and that is why I am recommending it to everyone reading trip advisor !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a great time staying at Riad Dar Zaman.
We stayed in the room with a small balcony which meant we had lots of light flooding in from the central courtyard. Everything was very relaxed and relaxing and Hassan was really kind and helpful. He was great for local knowledge, drawing maps and organising trips for us. Nothing was too much trouble for him.
We ate in at the riad on evening we arrived and the meal we had was the best food we ate in the whole of Morocco. The breakfasts were great too and set us up for the day. Thank you Karima!
The roof top terrace was great for sunbathing too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dar Zaman? Share your experiences!