We have just spent a long weekend at this hotel, see below both our positve and negative thoughts:
- the staff are pleasant and generally smiling (except the Manager!)
- a huge garden with a lovely swimming pool (though the pool is NOT heated)
- a huge bedroom
- this is only a 3 star hotel under UK/French standards - it is certainly NOT a 5 star hotel and as such it is very expensive for what you actually get once at the hotel
- the hotel is in the middle of nowhere - there is absolutely nothing surrounding ther hotel outside, expect huge piles of dirty rubbish, animal excrement everywhere !
- no free shuttle between ther hotel and the medina - you must pay up to 50 euros return !! The hotel charges you 4 x the amount of a local taxi. But you have no other choice !
- the menu is very poor, and pretty expensive for what is served on the plate. The breakfast is ok, but only comparable to a Novotel.
- the swimming pool is heated, but only by the sun !! - very cold it is indeed.
Overall opinion: we really had the impression that this hotel is only interested in taking our money and giving nothing back in terms of service. The manager lacks complete compassion for making your stay an enjoyable one and all he is interested in is piling on additional costs onto your final invoice. Beware !
A real shame that this hotel is managed by people who have no idea what a real 5 star hotel is like, yet pretend that thiers is.
If you do not want to find yourself in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by loads of animal excrements outside the hotel walls and want to keep as much money in your wallet as possible, avoid this hotel like the plague !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Marrakech's Palm Grove, the Domaine des Remparts, with its 2-hectare park and an astonishing view of the Atlas Mountains, is a genuine haven of peace. Hanging in the Spa Cocooning, the scents of the Orient will delight your senses. Enjoy also a large variety of facilities: heated swimming-pool, clay court, fitness center, shop, library and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Domaine des Remparts Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.