“A magical place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Hayati

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Hayati
You added Riad Hayati to your Saves list
27 Derb Bouderba | Riad Zitoun Jdid, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #60 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Northwich, United Kingdom
“A magical place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

I booked this stay as a special treat to mark my husband's recent 50th birthday. Having read the reviews, my expectations were high, but it was even more amazing than I could have possibly imagined. We had booked the suite, which is a fantastic space, but in the event we had the whole riad to ourselves, which was the height of luxury. Others have described the riad as an oasis of calm and I think that is a perfect description. It is certainly magical to be able to stay somewhere so calm and peaceful, where flowers and birdsong are all around you and yet be only 5 minutes from the medina and various souks. I really appreciated having the beauty and serenity of the Riad Hayati to return to after the bustle and chaos of the medina. As others have noted, Mina's cooking is fabulous and Abdel caters to your every need, including organising a day trip up to the Atlas Mountains for us. I have no hesitation recommending the Riad Hayati to anyone looking to have the best possible experience of Marrakech.

Room Tip: The suite is amazing, with lovely additional private space both indoors and out. I would always look...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Our stay here was top notch. The Riad is an oasis of calm in the Medina, impeccably furnished and decorated. Morning breakfast on the rooftop with the birds singing was a true delight. The personal service from the staff was faultless and we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. I would thoroughly recommend eating in the Riad in the evenings as the cooking was amongst the best we tasted in Marrakech, not only on this trip, but also in comparison with my previous trip. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: The suite was not available during our booking but we were delighted with our room which was on the...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I'm not sure what else needs to be said that hasn't been said already. We came here recently and luckily we ended up having the whole riad to ourselves. Abdel was awesome and catered to every single one of our needs and Mina's cooking was better than anywhere else we had during our four nights there. I highly recommend this place!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Riad Hayati exceeded my already high expectations in every way. We stayed with friends for 6 days and it was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. The Riad itself is in a great location-an easy 10 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the main square but on a quiet (and easy to find!!) street. The food was absolutely incredible-many days, we preferred to stay in and eat at the Riad because it was more delicious (and of better value) than anything in the Medina. Perhaps the most part was the amazing staff-Abdel was warm, kind, and so helpful. He helped us with everything from arranging taxis to recommending restaurants, to serving us lovely breakfasts on the roof. They even did my laundry (without being asked) when I left a pile on the bottom of the closet.

Overall, a highly recommended Riad for anyone looking to relax and enjoy all that Marrakech has to offer!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Onslow, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I didn’t know what to expect as this was my first time coming to Marrakech; I was a little worried about not staying at a European hotel at first, however Riad Hayati made sure our trip was perfect. Abdel and Mina took amazing care of us. Mina’s cooking was out of this world. We ate tagine and couscous at a number of places but hands down Mina’s was the best. And Abdel assisted us with everything from booking cars, organizing trips, spa reservations, dinner plans, you name it, Abdel could do it. We were treated like friends and nothing was too much trouble. Every morning we would eat our breakfast on the rooftop; delicious and beautiful. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to return. Riad Hayati was incredible!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Riad Hayati is simply beautiful, a calm oasis in the heart of Marrakech. Waking up to the dawn chorus of birds was just magical. Abdel and Mina are a pleasure to be around and the place is spotless. Mina's cooking, especially her chicken tagine with lemons and olives was out of this world. We were treated like friends and nothing was too much trouble. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lovely Riad or to return ourselves one day, hopefully sooner rather than later!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Absolutely top notch! This small and luxurious riad is perfect in every way--wonderful location, excellent food and attentive service. While there's no hammam at the riad, there's one a minute's walk away. Stop combing through websites and reviews--pick this one!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Riad Hayati? Share your experiences!