“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Hayati

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Hayati
You added Riad Hayati to your Saves list
27 Derb Bouderba | Riad Zitoun Jdid, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #59 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

It is impossible to fault this property. A truly class act. Sincere and attentive hospitality from housekeeper Abdel Hak and supreme cooking from sister Mina. And a great location between main square and Mellah. Worthy of 6 stars for service if available. Not for you if you want a TV and Gym though there is A/C.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am currently sitting at the airport about to leave MArrakesh and wish to write this review as quickly as possible. I fail to believe any reviewer that gives this riad anything less than a 5 plus rating. We travel a great deal, stay In a wide variety of places from very high end luxurious to completely basic and I have never, repeat never, recieved such utterly exceptional service. From whoa to go this place pulled out all the stops. The riad is beautiful, a total haven of complete tranquility. Lying on the terrace listening to the sounds of Marrakesh whilst soaking up the last of the evening sun, leisurely relaxing in the courtyard or the beautiful lounge area with the sounds of birds quietly chirruping was completely utterly relaxing. The riad is small, hence the exceptional personal service. We shared the riad with one other couple who we never saw (they were in the suite) . We would never have know they were there. Abdel and Meena were THE most wonderful people. Nothing was too much trouble and the attention to detail from pick up through to our departure was unbelievable....the bar has been set very very high for anyone else to follow. Ron, the owner, was not there during our stay but phoned as we arrived and when we left to check all was well. It was like talking to a friend. We were very late arriving by car (wonderful photographic distractions in telouet ) and clearly he had been in touch with Abdel and they were concerned about where we were....how tremendously thoughtful. All the glowing reviews everyone has placed about lovely riad hayati are completely true.....with bells on. I could go on and on with superlatives about this place. In many ways I don't want everyone to find it but realise the entire selfishness of this approach and Ron and his amazing team deserve every success. This is hospitality at its very best.

Oh and by the way.......the previous call to prayer comments..... Rubbish. I am a very light sleeper and didn't even hear them. And if I had heard them.....they are a magical sound evocative of the beauty that is morocco and would have been welcome.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This Riad is outstanding. The attention to detail to your every comfort is superb. Ron is so passionate about your experience, you cannot be anything but be overwhelmed by this place. The best care is provided by Abdul and his sister Meena who provide for your every whim. Meena is also the best cook in town , we have to force ourselves to go out ! The Riad is a haven and a perfect location to explore this wonderful place. The rooms are beautiful and the sitting areas are out of this world , simply amazing. My favourite part of the day is to relax on the loungers on the terrace , glass of rose in hand ,and listen to the call to prayer which is like nothing you will hear elsewhere.Simply magical. This is my fourth visit , and not my last. We'll done Riad Hayati, you are the only choice and I can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We are big travellers and love trying new experiences but having just returned from our fourth stay at Riad Hayati, simply wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Marrakech. From the moment we were met at the airport by the lovely Abdel we felt cherished and cared for, full of anticipation for one of Meena's delicious meals which the owner Ron had thoughtfully arranged for us on arrival. The Riad is perfectly located for exploring the bustle of the medina & beyond whilst creating an oasis of utter calm and beauty in total contrast. Ron's attention to detail in making our trip just perfect was amazing and absolutely nothing is too much trouble for (brother & sister) Abdel & Meena in ensuring our stay was totally stress free. Riad Hayati is simply an absolute gem.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

On arrival to Marrakech Airport we were greeting by Abdul who graciously took charge of our heavy bags. For the transfers to be included took a great weight off my mind and a short drive later we arrived at the beautiful Riad Hayati. The location is perfect, on the doorstep to the Medina but tucked away enough to escape the hustle and bustle of the busy Souks. I had read reviews regarding the 5am Call to Prayer being too loud but I cannot say that it affected my sleep at all during the 2 night stay at all. I felt well rested after our stay. The rooms are large and decorated with exceptional taste. Bed linen is clean and fresh, and the beds are very comfortable.
The roof terrace is a perfect sun trap and we spent and afternoon lounging around sipping mint tea soaking up the rays before hitting the souks. On our first night we were too tired to venture into town and haggle with a cab driver to take us to a restaurant so we ate at the Riad. Mina made the best chicken Tagine that I ate in Marrakech it was delicious! Breakfast is equally as tasty with fresh pastries or eggs at your request. Tea and coffee and the most AMAZING freshly squeezed orange juice!
Nothing was too much trouble for Abdul – he took care of our every need. In the evening as it grew colder he would light the fire in each of our rooms. He offered advice on how much certain cab rides should be and what certain things should cost in the souks. Priceless information for 2 tourists on a shopping expedition!!

This was my first stay at Riad Hayati and it certainly won't be my last.
For this visit I went with one of my girl friends, however when I return I will be taking my boyfriend and booking the suite!
Thank you to Abdul and Mina for taking great care of us during our stay. And to Ron for creating a perfect peaceful haven with his beautiful Riad Hayati.
I hope to see you all again soon!

Hannah x

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have a small pensione in Rome so we like to think we know a little how a little hotel should be run. We stay quite often at Riad Hayati because of its extremely high standards of service,beauty and comfort. Ron is very detail oriented and the staff,Mina and Abdel, follow suit. The place is run flawlessly and I can't think of anything lacking.

There is Peace and utter tranquillity in the Riad which is so important when you have been in the bustling medina all day. We have seen a review complaining about the "call to prayer" from the mosques. Marrakech has hundreds of them and at the call to prayer all the mosques in the city call to the faithful. It's actually quite beautiful and we make a point of listening from the terrace. Saying the call from the mosques is disturbing is like saying our bells in Rome are annoying :)

As Italians we love good food and Mina's cooking is absolutely superb. Fresh and beautifully prepared and served. Breakfasts are plentiful with omelettes,crepes and rich French coffee.

This is one of the best places we have stayed at and it has become our home in Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Riad Hayati for 4 nights, and couldn't have been happier with our experience. Upon arrival, we were surprised to find we had the entire plush riad to ourselves – giving us free reign of two terraces, a small pool, and a gorgeous roof garden. During our stay, the house manager Abdel was at our beck and call, supplying us with endless mint tea, wine, and snacks. He was extremely courteous, and helped us to book restaurants, call cabs, and even offered up an extra cell phone should we get lost. On top if it all, the riad has the most amazing in-house cook. Her tagines were actually better than any we had out in the city. And her Moroccan pancakes...let's just say I'm going through withdrawals!

We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Hayati? Share your experiences!