“Spendid Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Hayati

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Hayati
27 Derb Bouderba | Riad Zitoun Jdid, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #48 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Spendid Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I think what impressed us so much about Riad Hayati was the ambience of a private home. It's like being invited to someone's dream house with the perfect staff and extremely comfortable accomodations, made even more comfortable by an extremely thoughtful host. A marvelous cook and staff of three keep things ticking beautifully. It's all done with low-key efficiency that looks so easy, but these folks clearly know about hospitality.

The house is an 18th century merchant's home that has been renovated with all modern comforts but keeps its tradtional elegance. All white backrounds with slashes of color coming from antique carpets and Islamic textiles. Bedrooms are light and airy and especially comfortable with bathrooms that are stocked with local herbal soaps and shampoos.

We've been to Marrakech before so we knew our way around. Nevertheless it was the Riad that provided soothing comfort and relaxation after a long day or night out.

Ron said he believes people will enjoy the delights this bustling city more if they are well-rested and well looked-after. We agree totally and hats off to Ron and staff for their wonderful treatment.

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I have been been fortunate to visit many beautiful places around the world, but Riad Hayati has got to be one o the most charming places we have ever stayed at. This is a home that was obviously built with love and we were delighted to experience it.

To begin with it has a non-pretentious beauty that delights your eyes yet makes you feel at home immediately. Ron the owner. and his staff ,are clearly the most hospitable, generous people around. I happen to mention it was our anniversary and when we arrived there were flowers and wine placed in the room. Then a fantastic romantuic dinner by candlelight with soft music playing throughout the house.

Our room,a little suite actually, was delightful with our own terrace and pool set amongst palm trees. It was completely private from the rest of the house but just a staircase away.The bathroom was huge filled with piles of towels and fluffy robes. Breakfast was fantastic with Mina's Berber crepes, fresh local orange juice, rich French coffee and even egg-white omelettes when we asked for them. Lunches and dinners were sumptuous. Mina is a fabulous cook. She makes it look so easy, but she turns out Moroccan and French specialities that rival the town's restaurants.

I could go on but I just want to say thank you and hats off to Ron and his people for the pride and care they took in receiving us so graciously.

Room Tip: I guess our junior suite was the largest but I also liked the four poster room on the gallery. It ha...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have stayed at Hayati a few times now and it is always a memorable experience. As widely commented Mina and Abdel are excellent at looking after house guests. It is always a real treat to sample Mina's cooking and Abdel is discreetly helpful. We particularly like the part of the Medina where it is located.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Absolutely brilliant week at Riad Hayati. It started as soon as we arrived at the airport where Abdel was waiting to escort us to what turned out to be a beautiful haven for seven days. The riad really has a perfect location and you only have to walk a couple of minutes to the Bahia Palace and the spice market of the Mellah ( old Jewish quarter ), and some very cosy restaurants located in the square next to the market.
The Place Jemaa El Fna is a few minutes straight walk along the main market street.

Once inside the Riad is a blessed retreat after the hectic buzz of the markets. The house reflects Ron's old world generous charm and manners, an ambiance of non- pretentious understated elegance . The brother and sister team of Abdel and Mina are long time family retainers who keep things running flawlessly. And, everything we had heard about Mina's cooking was spot-on. Delicious French/Moroccan home cooking beautifully served by Abdel.

We had an exciting time in Marrakech and a week of complete spoiling at Hayati. We reccomend it very highly indeed.

Room Tip: We had the charming little suite which was completely private with its own terrace and tiny plunge p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have just come back from what can only be described as heaven – Riad Hayati!

Having fallen for Marrakech on my first trip there (I stayed elsewhere last time - a mistake I won’t ever be making again) I decided to go back and after reading the reviews on here thought that this time I’d book to stay at Hayati. It is every bit as amazing as described and more!!!

It’s a long journey from Canada but my tiredness soon wore off as soon as I stepped into the courtyard. It really takes your breath away - twinkling candles, singing birds and music playing - such bliss. It’s really hard to do it justice with a review on here, you have to see it for yourself to understand.

The rooms are beautiful and I think about 10 people could have fit into the bath in my room (no exaggeration!). Upstairs on the roof terrace there’s a sunbathing area, pool (much needed in the hot weather) and a table where you can have drinks as the sun sets – one of my favourite parts of the trip.

During my stay I was lucky enough to meet Ron, the owner of the Riad. What a welcoming and charming man! The care and attention to detail that has been put into his guests having the perfect stay is evident and it really makes for a fantastic trip.

In addition to the sheer beauty of the place the food is just outstanding. I did go and eat out for a few nights but nothing compared to the standard of food that we ate there. As is the service - you actually feel like this beautiful place could be your home (if only)!

Riad Hayati is a sanctuary and I cannot praise it enough! If you are undecided on where to stay then look no further - you cannot fail to be impressed.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful - each has its individual charm so it's hard to suggest one. My room was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The first thing I would like to say to our new found friends at Riad Hayati is DON'T CHANGE A THING - EVER! The property is just so lovely,comfortable and the service simply flawless.

We found Hayati in a review in Vogue. After a couple of conversations with Ron,we arranged to rent the whole riad for my 50th. It was a perfect choice for my birthday party. Ron and his staff really pulled out all the stops to make it memorable and we can't thank everyone enough.
Our friends were enchanted as well.

Mina is a fabulous cook and some of us hung about in the kitchen for some homey cookery lessons. Mina moves about in a confidant manner turning out the most delicious tajines and French desserts. She made a three-layer "death by choclate" birthday cake that was simply lucious. Together with her brother Abdel they cared for the eight of us.

Well, if I had to turn fifty this was the place to do it. Unforgettable!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and extremely comfortable,each with its own character. I guess the suite w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Riad has a wonderful location very close to the palaces,markets and the main square but it is tucked away in a charming little cul de sac. We were literally a couple of minutes stroll from several lovely restaurants and right next to the Bahia Palace and the old spice market,

We had our own terrace with lovely palms and tiny pool. The suite was large,airy and extremely comfortable and even had a butler's pantry stocked with juices wines and snacks. The bathroom very large with a walk in closet was extremely well appointed with shampoos,bath gels,robes and slippers..We had breakfast whenever we wanted in our robes on our own terrace.

Meals in the riad rivaled any of the restaurants we tried. Mina's Moroccan and French repetoire
seemed without limit. Her brother Abdel provided wonderful service not only in the riad but in helping to arrange day excursions to the mountains and Essaouira.

Our week was extremely restful in one of the most charmingly elegant places we have ever stayed at. Riad Hayati is a real treat.

Room Tip: The suite is perfect for romance with its own garden terrace and pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Hayati? Share your experiences!